96 RT 10 won't start

checkers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got her out today to start it up and no go. So I parked it last October and at some point the battery drained to zippo, so I put the trikle charger on it for about 4 days and it charged up but I did not start it. That was about 2 months ago.

Here we go, I went to start it today and she was pretty dead so I put the trikle charger on it for about 3 bours and then used a jump start. The car starts and then shuts off in about 1-2 seconds Of course the alarm(factory) flashes that it is on, but I can't turn it off with either FOB(batterys replaced today).

So I believe the factory alarm is stuck on. How do I turn this off or reset it? I have looked at some ideas, but I was wodering if any has found the easy fix.
thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would replace the Viper's battery before going any further since they are seldom the same after being "dead".

Once that is done, and it still does not start, there is a possible "trick" that may help...but it will not get printed here. Call me if you like.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would replace the Viper's battery before going any further since they are seldom the same after being "dead".

Once that is done, and it still does not start, there is a possible "trick" that may help...but it will not get printed here. Call me if you like.

AGree with Steve. Replace the battery and see what happens. I need to do this with my '08 before the driving season gets underway.

jimuaya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked your fob to make sure it is working properly? It may need to be reprogrammed. I had the same type of issue in February and I even took my 95 viper to the dealership and they disconnected the alarm module and I still had the same problem. Don't go to the dealership to disconnect the alarm module. You can do this in about 15 minutes and save yourself over $200. You pull out the panel under the drivers side and you can see the first module. Hope this helps.

kand3g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me. The battery was strong enough to start the car but not strong enough to keep the security system happy. I was lucky enough to learn this lesson in a Krogers parking lot at 11pm:( Change your battery at home....btw, I did not need to re sync my fobs once the battery was replaced.

OP
OP
C

checkers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all of you that tried to help me I appreciate it! Steve-Indy I thank you as your direction has fixed my problem!!! Kudos to a great member!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's always a pleasure to speak with a Viper Brother!! Thanks to Viper Tech Tom Sessions for arming me with the necessary info several years ago!!