96GTS with 40 miles for sale AGAIN!

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been tracking this car now for almost a decade. It is a 96 GTS with 40 miles. Ron Adee at one time owned it. Up for sale once again. Going back, the highest price that was asked was $95k, now it has a buy-it-now of $70k.

I bet the seals are a bad shape. But hey, at this point in time, it is just a display.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats priceless IMO. Watch out Barrett Jackson, here comes one !!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last I remember, we have a member that bought a '96 and put it in Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN. I think it only had a few miles on it. As far as I know, it's still there.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather have my 01 GTS with abs etc than a blue and white. I will let my 2600 mile Sapphire 01 GTS go for 95k. My car has been well maintained and driven at least once a month since I bought it. I may even have to consider letting it go if somebody waved 70k in my face, that said, I am guessing I would regret getting rid of it for that down the road since there really isn't anything that comes close to the GTS in the 70k range. I really would not want to start my search for a perfect low mile Sapphire/Silver or Graphite/Silver GTS in this day and age as they are getting even harder to find than they were when I bought mine.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad really. Why buy a car to let it sit? If they had bought $60k of gold in 1996 at $390/oz, they would have gold worth $261k today. Sell half of that and buy a Gen V and have fun.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be scared someone would buy it and drive the hell out of it HAHAH ... decent price really , isnt that retail back in 96'? ---

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty much a museum piece now. Although when I bought mine with 985 miles on it I was concerned and I did not have any issues once I started driving it. I try to get it out at least once a month now. Only time it sat longer than that was on an occasional winter if we got a lot of snow, even then I don't think I have gone more than 8 to 10 weeks.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather have my 01 GTS with abs etc than a blue and white. I will let my 2600 mile Sapphire 01 GTS go for 95k. My car has been well maintained and driven at least once a month since I bought it. I may even have to consider letting it go if somebody waved 70k in my face, that said, I am guessing I would regret getting rid of it for that down the road since there really isn't anything that comes close to the GTS in the 70k range. I really would not want to start my search for a perfect low mile Sapphire/Silver or Graphite/Silver GTS in this day and age as they are getting even harder to find than they were when I bought mine.

01 gts with cream puff cam and internals and abs for the track, over a forged internal no abs iconic color/combo, first edition coupe, underated 450Hp (465Hp) , etc,,..etc...blue and white...hmm..I guess each to their own..all the power to ya ! Now for the 09 Callaway you got....now thats a special piece:2tu:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of it when I owned, I was the second owner, it had 38 miles on it when I bought it, 39 when I sold it (traded it for Bob Eaton's Serial #200001 96 GTS)

It's on the top right in the garage, LOL

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done!!!! I'll never understand the left's hatred of capitolism? They are willing to settle for so much less as long as someone else earns it for them!

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crazy thing, is it has over a 1/2 a take of gas so does that mean the gas is 16 years old

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve, I had forgotten you also had it. Was the story true about a doctor who bought it and he got hurt right after buying? I think that is what I heard one time.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if that car gets drivin now, it will fall apart everywhere mechanic wise, true story

V

VCA Forum Staff

Alright everyone....before this thread even begins to get off topic lets stick to the subject at hand. Otherwise we'll have to close the thread.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of it when I owned, I was the second owner, it had 38 miles on it when I bought it, 39 when I sold it (traded it for Bob Eaton's Serial #200001 96 GTS)

I'll take the one on the bottom left. '97 RT/10. Absolutely love that car.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate you!!! No, just kidding. Envious! The white/blue looks cool next to the b/w. I guess the w/b is one of the rare ones?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I had forgotten you also had it. Was the story true about a doctor who bought it and he got hurt right after buying? I think that is what I heard one time.

I was told at the time was that the original owner had an RT10, bought the 96 and drove it home, He was a brain surgeon and hurt his back shortly after driving the car home. From that point on he could never get back into the car and sold it in 2004 to me.