97 Blue and White GTS Values

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone been following GTS values lately? KBB values seem to be going up since the last time I checked. Is 45k a fair price for a mint 97 B&W GTS with 21k miles nowadays?

I drove an SL600 and am hooked. Time to get rid of one of the Vipers. Anyone looking for a clean GTS?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid more than 45K but the car is perfect. 9900 miles, completely stock and not a scratch or water spot anywhere on the car. It's worth every penny.

Mark :smirk:

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would not sell mine for that.... but i did see a 96 B/W for sale in the local DFW paper with 30k for $43....

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not sell mine of under 50 K

X2 ....$45K is cheap for a "97' Blue and white GTS" unless the miles are really high-( > 30K miles)

I wouldn't sell mine (16K miles) a penny under 50K...these aren't going to depreciate my friend, I own an autodealership and watch the rare sought after blue & white's go for stupid money. While their red counterparts fetch litterally 7-8 grand less for an otherwise identical car. (I gladly still paid the extra cheese, the investment is worth it..and GOD! There's nothing on the road like a b/w on a genII body* :laugh: )

Man Of Steel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the '97 GTS's do not have ABS (correct me if I'm wrong). Has anyone changed over so that they have ABS?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the only difference with ABS that when you press the brakes hard, it pumps them for you? I find that rather annoying and I don't think it helps. My opinion.

Blazin' Blue Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought mine for 47K for and it was mint with 17k miles. I couldn't dream of parting with it for twice the money. How much do you think the feeling of blowing down the highway on a beautiful day and having lots of people giving you the thumbs up is worth? I can't seem to put a price on that.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B/W GTS's are always worth about 5K LESS than their owners think they are worth... :nana:

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$50k should be the MINIMUM a b/w sells for unless it has "issues". (ie-high mileage, severe mechanical probs, salvage title)

Jealousy will get you no where!!! :nana:

;)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gonna rain on a parade or two ... the first Blue/white GTSs needed engine replacements as the "standard" engine block was a failure and they blew up. All the rest of the Gen 2s got the GTSR block castings. The Blue/whites all came with heavy cast irone exhaust manifolds. All the Blue/whites came with cast 17" wheels. All Blue/whites has the inferior alarm systems - when they go ... unless Steve - Indy is coming to fix it, you're not going anywhere until you instal a new alarm module.

However, the Sapphire/silver has all the good stuff and antilock brakes! It is also prettier and much more rare (only 37 Sapphire/silver GTSs, 49 Sapphire/silver ACRs, 230 total). And Blue is fastest.

Ted

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gonna rain on a parade or two ... the first Blue/white GTSs needed engine replacements as the "standard" engine block was a failure and they blew up. All the rest of the Gen 2s got the GTSR block castings. The Blue/whites all came with heavy cast irone exhaust manifolds. All the Blue/whites came with cast 17" wheels. All Blue/whites has the inferior alarm systems - when they go ... unless Steve - Indy is coming to fix it, you're not going anywhere until you instal a new alarm module.

However, the Sapphire/silver has all the good stuff and antilock brakes! It is also prettier and much more rare (only 37 Sapphire/silver GTSs, 49 Sapphire/silver ACRs, 230 total). And Blue is fastest.

Ted

Ted, interesting info. Did the 97's come with the GTSR castings?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ted

Once again, full of incorrect information as usual.