97 gts with silver sparkle wheels???

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have searched the registry many years ago when I first got it the car but never have I seen the number produced anywhere. Every 97 I see with the same style rim has the wheels polished, not like mine? Was this a rare thing or am I not looking in the right spot???

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont believe i have a pic close enough of the wheels to show you but i will post one anyway in a minute. they have a sparkle flake in them.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

like I said, cant really see the sparkle from the wheels.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for trying to post, but no, I can't see the 'sparkle'....I have a tropic teal car that has the metallic sparkle flakes in it, but not on the wheels....are you looking to replace yours with same sparkle wheels, is that what you are looking for? I can only imagine that would look pretty cool, especially with the red GTS. ~juli~

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not looking to replace anything. The wheels are mint as is the car. Just curious to know. The IVR says no sparkle wheels avail in 97, only 96 so I believe that it is wrong there. I didnt buy the car new but it have less than a 1000 miles when I did and it was bone stock to the paper airfilters so i doubt the wheels were altered.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be curious too...I wondered why you'd replace them when they look so good!!!
Maybe other '96-'97 owners can chime in? A mystery!~! ~juli

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both mine and my bro's '97 B&Ws came with the silver sparkle wheels. Both were built for Canada, and on the same day no less. I'd like to know how many came with them as well, it's obvious that quite a few did.
A quick check of the 1997 sales brochure indicates that sparkle silver wheels were standard, sparkle gold, polished and yellow were optional. My window sticker doesn't say which wheels came on the car.

Last edited:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll pay you a $100 to drop the lift with the stang still underneath.
Then you can say that Cobra was Snakebit.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The brochure also lists Red with White stripes as an option in 97, but none were ever built with white stripes that year. The brochure is not the best place to look for info.

A quick check of the 1997 sales brochure indicates that sparkle silver wheels were standard, sparkle gold, polished and yellow were optional. My window sticker doesn't say which wheels came on the car.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car used to have the silver sparkle wheels too. i bought my car used, so i dont know if they were stockers or not though.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car used to have the silver sparkle wheels too. i bought my car used, so i dont know if they were stockers or not though.

You have since replaced them, BIG? With what, may I ask? I'd love to actually SEE those sparkle wheels...sounds intriguing...will PM you later today, BTW. ~juli~

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have since replaced them, BIG? With what, may I ask? I'd love to actually SEE those sparkle wheels...sounds intriguing...will PM you later today, BTW. ~juli~

i quickly got tired of looking at the same silver sparkle wheel color on minivans, geo metros, saturns, hondas, etc., etc.. i wanted something different, but i didnt want to spend big money on new rims since i just bought brand new tires. so, i had my silver sparkle wheels powder coated a dark charcoal metallic with a high gloss finish for about $300. works for me for now. some people like them and some dont, but i have gotten alot more postitve comments than negative ones, so, i think i did alright.

7911MVC-007F.JPG

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big,

They look great!! I was considering getting some black wheels with a polished lip for mine when I came across a great deal on some "02 wheels.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big,

They look great!! I was considering getting some black wheels with a polished lip for mine when I came across a great deal on some "02 wheels.

thank you! i really do want black wheels with a polished lip, but we couldnt powdercoat them to make it look right IMO. as soon as these tires are in need of replacement, i will propbably buy the wheels i really want.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here. My new PS2's are still stacked in the garage.
PS: How did you make your avatar change?

Didn't you KNOW?????!!! BIG IS the avatar man!!! :headbang: (check out his avatar itself!!) Big: I LIKE the powder-coated black wheels, think they'd look great on our '05 black SRT!!! :2tu: ~juli

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll pay you a $100 to drop the lift with the stang still underneath.
Then you can say that Cobra was Snakebit.
cobra is gone. it was my daily ****** and would in fact run circles around many of the vipers on this site. over 600 to the wheels for a mere 4000 in mods is nothing to sneeze at. they are nice cars, not viper nice, but nice...

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen a few GTS's with the silver wheels. I saw a B/W in LI with them. I think they might be "rare" as they are the base wheel. However most Viper's came with the polished wheels which really look a lot better.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a few GTS's with the silver wheels. I saw a B/W in LI with them. I think they might be "rare" as they are the base wheel. However most Viper's came with the polished wheels which really look a lot better.

I'm sure they do, I was just curious what the sparkle wheels looked like, since this was the original post...would be interesting just to see them. ~juli

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, I was just curious what the sparkle wheels looked like, since this was the original post...would be interesting just to see them. ~juli

The picture posted is of the "sparkle" wheels. They look almost like a matte finish from 10 feet away as shown in the picture. If you kneel down and are 1 foot away they have some metalic flake in the paint.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that's hard to see in the pictures...I like BIG's powder-coated black wheels. They'd look GREAT on our Black Vert!!~juli

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sparkle Silver was the wheel color on the black '96 RTs. I was not aware that any '97s came with them - most were polished cast/welded or the new forged rims. The comment about twin Canadian units equipped that way does make some sense, though.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just looked. there are quite a few pics of silver sparkle wheels in the registry, but no pics dedicated to just the wheel. i disagree. there are alot of good pics in the registry.

True, but if you look on the build options grid, (colours, wheels, stripes etc) it does not show at all for '97s. http://www.theviperregistry.org/build.php
Another thing it does not indicate is the # of Canadian cars for '97.
Appologies if the previous comments came off as a jab at the hard work of those who put the registry together, not intended as such.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness