97GTS antifreeze part#

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know the DODGE part # for anti-freeze or updated antifreeze for 97 GTS? I am in the process of ordering it from the dealer and they are not to swift on this subject. They are asking me if its red or green.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green antifreeze is green antifreeze, and some places you can get it pre-mixed 50/50. If you mix your own, go to a grocery store and mix with Distilled Water.
Later,

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently read a Car and Driver article...I heard Zerex G3 was the best toady. It's yellow.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would add that SO FAR, I HAVE NOT seen any PVO published recommendations about "retrofitting" the "orange" ("5yr. formula...MS-9769")coolant to the Gen I and Gen II cars...though I DO UNDERSTAND that one can indeed use the 5 yr. "orange stuff" as long as one does a COMPLETE FLUSH of the "green stuff"...we have decided to go "OEM green" on our Gen I and II Vipers and stick with "OEM orange" in Gen III unless/until PVO states otherwise...reaqlizing that we change coolant at 2 yr. intervals.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
By the way, Surfsnake, MY manuals dO NOT give a part # for the green stuff...called "mopar antifreeze/coolant"...("3 year formula")...with a note NOT TO MIX green and orange...but NO reference to substituting orange for green through the 2002 Service Manual edition.