A/C Blows Hot Air

Motorhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got an '06 VCA Edition with 2200 hundred miles and all of a sudden, the A/C started blowing hot air.

I can't believe the unit needs to be recharged already. Could it be somthing else? :dunno:

Thanks!

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might have a FREON leak in your compressor seals (or the compressor itself) or AC lines perhaps. Also your compressor might have had a complete failure if it is blowing only hot air.

They can refill with freon and add dye which should let you where the leak is if any.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a defective water shut off valve. Regardless needs to be diagnosed by a competent HVAC tech. Ship it up and I'll check it out.;) Good luck.:2tu:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your compressor engage, does the plumbing get hot or cold. Could be a fuse.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing happended to my '06 around 2,500 miles. The body control module (BCM) had to be replaced. Good luck.

OP
OP
Motorhead

Motorhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is under warranty right?

Oh yeh. Got the 7yr Extended Warrantee. What the heck is going on with A/C units having problems or needing to be replaced? Is this a common 2006 problem? :dunno:

Now that it's getting cooler here, and sunny, dry days at a premium, I'll putting it away for the winter in another month. I'm tempted to wait and take it to the dealer next spring. I've also have a faulty tire pressure sensor that needs replacing.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ugh! :crazy2:

Was the BSM defective? What else does the BCM control?
My a/c was intermittent. Took the Tech a couple days to diagnose. It was only a defective BCM. The BCM controls various electronic functions such as the courtesy lights, seatbelt warnings, etc. I believe the BCM controls the HVAC control panel....

Let us know what you find out about yours....

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues here to date. 9,500 miles on my 06 and the AC still freezes me out of the car. I hope the heater works though, I have never checked that and I plan to keep driving right on through the winter.

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 04 did the same thing about a month or so ago. I had a blown fuse. Since I replaced the fuse I haven't had any other issues....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96