A Cold Hearted way to save Detroit car companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, we will all hate this. But from a logical view, does it make sense?

Allow domestic car companies a three year grace period so they can import their Euro models that are smaller, higher fuel economy, and what the US needs now. The US government has to cover or excuse any fallout from different crash testing and emissions requirements. Therefore instead of an upfront payment to bail them out, the government only pays for EPA challenges (c'mon, how bad is the air in Europe?) and liability claims (when someone has an accident and courts agree that the German crash testing was inadequate for US use... um... they have the autobahn, seatbelts, airbags, right?)

The benefit is that we'd have "better" cars in the US within 4 weeks, or whatever time it takes to ship them here. The domestic OEMs wouldn't have to rush to retool, redesign, spend money fast, etc, etc. They would be selling more cars, and sooner. The cars are already designed, made, and have the brand image the car companies want.

The part we hate: Chrysler dies. They have no foreign manufacturing, so they have nothing to import. They would go under and the spoils go to Ford and/or GM. The US gets an automatic reduction in capacity. The US gets the "right" cars right away. The surviving car companies get cash via income rather than bailout.

The other downside is what happens to the Detroit area suppliers that relied on Chrysler. But, if it means a healthier Ford and GM (plus, the suppliers have to downsize no matter what the Detroit cure is) and the rest of the US doesn't catch the same cold, maybe it's part of the medicine we have to take.

So, get out of your Viper and comment on if this isn't a worthwhile idea, cold hearted as it is.

Reaction score
It seems like we are fast approaching a deep, dark, "depression", and things are really looking fugly out there. I think its too late to bail out the big 3 with our tax dollars.

They were all asked again today if they were willing to concede their salaries with this bailout bridge to nowhere loan. Ford CEO said he was okay with what he makes now, and wasn't willing to concede any salary, GM CEO said (he has already cut his salary in half) he hasn't made a decision on this matter. Nardelli said he would take a $1.00 salary.

They all flew into Washington in private jets and were picked up in executive type limo's.
Ford's Ceo was shown being picked up in a Lexus LS. LOL

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for free market. Let the old dinosaurs go! How does one compete when running a business when your competition is subsidized by an open check book. 25 billion in september 08,another 25 billion today? Even when times were good,they didn't look at fuel efficiency or alternate energy sources. How can these executives that make crazy money lead their companies down a path that relies solely on an increasingly limited natural resource.I guess they lived in the day and not long term. Could it be that big oil money is running the country and never wanted to see alternate energy sources? Now the same government wants our tax dollars to make up for squashing, or at least not promoting alternate energy sources in the past.It could be that excesses like the private executive jets,lavish offices,excessive salaries/bonuses,VIP events and poor money management is bringing down the house. This is a vicious cycle and we should stop this bail out crap immediately! Insurance,auto makers,banks,home owners.......what the hell are we seeing right now,this is very very very scary. I don't want to say the "s" word, but what else do you call it? My opinion is from the perspective of a small business owner and I'm ********** at the hand outs and the new administration hasn't even begun yet. Sorry for letting off some steam here.......

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you suggest we import Euro cars, just not Mercedes, British POS and French cars? Yuck, that may help the GM and Ford with some cashflow from cars made out of country? It certainly won't help the US or Canada. Another way to accomplish your idea would be to buy $5,000Chinese cars, gov. taxes them and Dodge GM and Ford sell them for $15,000 so that everyone makes money except the autoworkers and american industries.

We need UPS to die/strangle so that Canadians buy American instead of Chinese. I bought a $9 TMPS Forgeline sensor mounting kit and UPS is charging about $23 for shipping and $34 for "Brokerage". Next time I should buy Chinese as it's only about $7.00 shipping and no brokerage. Now do you know why our economy is screwed???

I paid over $200 for a TPMS from Viper Specialty in US, then paid $24 shipping and about $34 Brokerage. I see that they're $30-45 from ebay. I only have to pay brokerage from US, the rest of the world is free. Cda/US trade wars or just greedy shipping companies? Too much fuel taxes?

Ted

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My '04 SVT Focus is g-o-n-e if Ford brings their Euro Focus RS over here!!!"

I'll bet they sell more Euro Foci than SVT Foci. :(

"They were all asked again today if they were willing to concede their salaries with this bailout bridge to nowhere loan. Ford CEO said he was okay with what he makes now, and wasn't willing to concede any salary, GM CEO said (he has already cut his salary in half) he hasn't made a decision on this matter. Nardelli said he would take a $1.00 salary. "

The compensation thing is just PR. They would still get benefits, chauffer, jet, corner office... It would make little difference to the business success. Why confuse the big issue with this little one?

"They all flew into Washington in private jets and were picked up in executive type limo's. "

Their time is money and big companies sometimes restrict how heads of companies travel. Again, this is personal punishment and at least two of the heads are still the new guys that had nothing to do with the problem.

"Even when times were good,they didn't look at fuel efficiency or alternate energy sources. How can these executives that make crazy money lead their companies down a path that relies solely on an increasingly limited natural resource.I guess they lived in the day and not long term."

Having worked at the big oil company and growing up in Europe, I can tell you it is partly our government's fault. Most other modern countries tax their fuels to "steer" consumers and corporations into good consumption habits ("Energy Policy"). The OEMs built CNG vehicles as long as 15 years ago, but only fleets bought them. The OEMs built diesels, but consumers didn't buy them. We have lots of natural gas (high octane, clean burning, pipeline distribution) but the government hasn't steered any entity into installing CNG in service stations. In the US everyone saw driving big, fast, or big and fast gasoline cars as normal. The car companies always had smaller and fuel efficient cars (Saturn...) for sale, but we didn't buy them. Then when fuel costs rose and the economy hit the skids, consumer habits changed fast - so fast that instead of buying smaller cars, they are buying no cars. I guess I see the Detroit issue as a temporary, very severe, cash shortfall. I do not see them as stupid, short sighted, or stubborn as some do. They are like ULCC (ultra large crude carriers) that need to plan a right turn about 4 miles out from harbor.

"So you suggest we import Euro cars, just not Mercedes, British POS and French cars? Yuck, that may help the GM and Ford with some cashflow from cars made out of country? It certainly won't help the US or Canada. Another way to accomplish your idea would be to buy $5,000Chinese cars, gov. taxes them and Dodge GM and Ford sell them for $15,000 so that everyone makes money except the autoworkers and american industries."

Yes, Euro cars because they are modern, plentiful, efficient, safe and most like US cars. If it provides "some" cash flow, it should help the Detroit OEMs stabilize - assuming they don't get a bailout loan. They will certainly get smaller, which they will be doing anyway. I don't think Chinese cars are up the food chain enough to satisfy buyers (else we could all buy $2500 Tata Nanos.) Lastly, I'd keep the government as far out of this as possible. If all they have to do is wave their hands to excuse some laws, we'll be better off.

:( So far nobody is lamenting Chrysler. Oh-oh.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an even more cold hearted way to save the big three, get rid of the big three idiots running them. That hearing in front of Congress was embarrassing. I am convinced more than ever that it isn't what you know but who you know and I am certain I could run those companies better than any of those three CEO clowns who just happen to where they are because they were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

I have never been less impressed with anyone in an executive position than I was after watching those three in front of Congress. Pathetic. Their appearance actually makes me wanna let the big three fail.

Reaction score
Of course it's just just PR and BS, but they need to look a little more humble this week in the eyes of the taxpayers, and congress, as they are asking for tax dollars.

Perception is reality.

They should have flown commercial to make it look like they understand the plight of the american taxpayer, and then at least be picked up by a taxi, or car made from one of the big 3.

They have already failed in my eyes, and now its time to pay.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think importing anything is helpful as that's how we got into this mess. We an't afford to compete with imports and domestic shipping is a joke. Not certain why everything costs less to ship from other side of the world than from just across the border, but ...

Brokerage fees are only on US items and normally cost a lot more than shipping. Gets pretty sad when shipping and brokerage are 600% of the items value. Seems pretty dishonest when the shipping company won't admit to their "hidden" charges.

Ted

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it's just just PR and BS,

Those idiots aren't even any good at that. I didn't see all of it but I saw enough to wonder WTH have they been doing with their time? They looked like unprepared school kids. They had nothing. NOTHING. I was waiting for Nardelli to blame his dog for eating his homework assignment.

On the bright side it confirmed to me that while I may not have the resume to run Chrysler, GM or Ford I definitely have more ability than the current execs.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having worked at the big oil company and growing up in Europe, I can tell you it is partly our government's fault. Most other modern countries tax their fuels to "steer" consumers and corporations into good consumption habits ("Energy Policy"). The OEMs built CNG vehicles as long as 15 years ago, but only fleets bought them. The OEMs built diesels, but consumers didn't buy them. We have lots of natural gas (high octane, clean burning, pipeline distribution) but the government hasn't steered any entity into installing CNG in service stations. In the US everyone saw driving big, fast, or big and fast gasoline cars as normal. The car companies always had smaller and fuel efficient cars (Saturn...) for sale, but we didn't buy them. Then when fuel costs rose and the economy hit the skids, consumer habits changed fast - so fast that instead of buying smaller cars, they are buying no cars. I guess I see the Detroit issue as a temporary, very severe, cash shortfall. I do not see them as stupid, short sighted, or stubborn as some do. They are like ULCC (ultra large crude carriers) that need to plan a right turn about 4 miles out from harbor.

Could not have said it any better.

Notice how no one is making a comment that the senators with the biggest axe to grind were from the states with transplant auto companies. Interesting. Also interesting that the US, through the states and local governments, has given substantially more tax relief to foreign transplants than to home owned companies.

Also notable that the concern for significant bloodshed in the industry due to supplier bankruptcies is also pointed only at the Big 3. I guess they do undertsand after all that Japanese transplants only use US based suppliers on an absolutely needs basis. Thus the 15-20% dependence on US owned suppliers versus the 70% of the US companies. They also use nearly 100% Japanese machines and equipment, and nearly 100% Japanese engineering, research and development.

Note my words on this: If the big 3 fail and imports and transplants become the only automotive option in the US, transplants will all leave this country within 20 years. Once facilities and work forces are aged their future will be gone. The incentive for them to be located here will have disappeared and their "employ the work force at home" philosophy will take over.

And not once do those ******** in Washington ever blame themselves for causing the financial crisis, which is really what brought on the whole mess. I wonder if they ever asked all those financial company heads if they flew on corporate jets (with their 50-200M annual bonuses).

Reaction score
Could not have said it any better.

Notice how no one is making a comment that the senators with the biggest axe to grind were from the states with transplant auto companies.

Well of course, they are representing the people that voted them in, just like the officials from the great state of Michigan were one-sided representing their state.

Interesting. Also interesting that the US, through the states and local governments, has given substantially more tax relief to foreign transplants than to home owned companies.

Sure most states and local officials give great tax incentives and benefits to companies to sway them to do business in their states, it brings in more jobs. All smart cities, counties, states continue to bring in more industry and employment to their state by offering incentives and tax breaks.

Also notable that the concern for significant bloodshed in the industry due to supplier bankruptcies is also pointed only at the Big 3. I guess they do undertsand after all that Japanese transplants only use US based suppliers on an absolutely needs basis. Thus the 15-20% dependence on US owned suppliers versus the 70% of the US companies. They also use nearly 100% Japanese machines and equipment, and nearly 100% Japanese engineering, research and development.

Note my words on this: If the big 3 fail and imports and transplants become the only automotive option in the US, transplants will all leave this country within 20 years.

Strange comment, why would they leave, we are a profitable market for them, just like Mexico and China are profitable markets for GM.
GM closed factories in the US and moved them to Mexico and Canada, thats taking care of the american worker, eh?

Once facilities and work forces are aged their future will be gone. The incentive for them to be located here will have disappeared and their "employ the work force at home" philosophy will take over.

The transplants are in several states and have US based factories employed with american workers. They are in communities throughout the US just like the big 3, there's a reason they are called Toyota USA, Honda USA, etc.
They are in Florida, one with 5,000 auto employees.

And not once do those ******** in Washington ever blame themselves for causing the financial crisis, which is really what brought on the whole mess. I wonder if they ever asked all those financial company heads if they flew on corporate jets (with their 50-200M annual bonuses).

Agreed, but we voted for the people who represent us.

The US (and Canada) have the lowest standards in fleet average fuel economy and the highest greenhouse gas emission rates, while Japan and the European union have the higher fuel economy standards and lower emission standards than the US.

The corporate average fuel economy ("Cafe") standards have been around since the mid 1970's. Thats over 30-years ago.

The big 3 approved and signed off on all the UAW contracts, which obviously don't work and are bleeding the big 3 to a painful death, i.e. labor cost, health cost, retirees pensions, etc. etc.

Maybe fold, go into bankruptcy 11 or 7 all painful realities for them, but I think the american taxpayer has had enough and is sick of bailing out a failed business model.

GM like others have too many cars, too many dealers, too much fat, time to cut bait. If you sell less cars, contraction follows.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you suggest we import Euro cars, just not Mercedes, British POS and French cars? Yuck, that may help the GM and Ford with some cashflow from cars made out of country? It certainly won't help the US or Canada. Another way to accomplish your idea would be to buy $5,000Chinese cars, gov. taxes them and Dodge GM and Ford sell them for $15,000 so that everyone makes money except the autoworkers and american industries.

We need UPS to die/strangle so that Canadians buy American instead of Chinese. I bought a $9 TMPS Forgeline sensor mounting kit and UPS is charging about $23 for shipping and $34 for "Brokerage". Next time I should buy Chinese as it's only about $7.00 shipping and no brokerage. Now do you know why our economy is screwed???

I paid over $200 for a TPMS from Viper Specialty in US, then paid $24 shipping and about $34 Brokerage. I see that they're $30-45 from ebay. I only have to pay brokerage from US, the rest of the world is free. Cda/US trade wars or just greedy shipping companies? Too much fuel taxes?

Ted

tell the people that ship to you to use fed ex overnight international, fedex clears themselves and no brokerage like UPS, only overnight service, ground or economy is different, pay more to pay less....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For US based automakers there is a 7:1 to 10:1 ratio of indirect jobs related to the automakers direct jobs. For the Japanese transplants it does not even approach 1:1. And all those transplant suppliers take their money home with them. So the southern states have made a deal with the devil and the devil is winning. Get rid of the US based OEMs and you will see. It will make the great depression look like good times as the rest of the world zooms by us. And doubtful that those *** automakers you prize so much care a freaking bit about your ass. Not one iota unless it makes them a profit. Every freaking political move they make is to convince people like you how american they are.

And have you been selling homes in Florida for retirees moving south? Give up that job as there will not be much money moving south anymore. I know I will no longer consider having a second home in a location where the people think so lowly of people in the north. Of course that matters no more as I will not have the money to keep my current house, let alone a second.

And your history on unions is pretty bad also. I am not a pro union person but to blame the companies that the unions had a strangle hold over and have been choking for years is placing the blame in the wrong places. Do you recall the extended strikes that occured which almost bankrupt GM? Pity such a short memory. I suppose you blame the people who get robbed too.

The CAFE standards (I have no freaking idea why you brought that up) were set last spring. Just 1 1/2 years ago. Read some newspapers. I could not care less about the ancient standards. They do not apply anymore. As for the whole fuel economy case for equal sized cars American cars are competitive in the world for fuel economy. That buyers buy larger vehicles here is their choice. I never saw a salesman with a gun forcing someone to buy a bigger car then they wanted.

So bottom line. Please find out what the per car value provided to the US is by the transplants and make a comparison to the US. I think the trade deficit with Japan says it all in that regard (we owe them $586 BILLION). That sucking sound you hear is the money getting sucked out of the US and going around the world. At some point they will come back and buy the property out from under us and we will become theirs.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roundtrip from Detroit to Washington
Coach: about $350.
First Class: about $800.
Private/Company jet: $20,000.

I can't understand how companies that frugal would be bleeding 1 billion dollars a month.

BTW- the CEO of Ford doesn't live in Detroit. He lives in Seattle.
And he flies home each weekend.
Then back to the office on Monday.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok Heres my idea to save the economy, forget about giving any money to the Big three or any other company and give the money back to the people..... I know it sounds Democratic but if everyone had a share of the 25Billion plus all the other money they have talked about or spent to bailout these companies, people would spend the money on cars and houses and put money in the back which would help everyone. so I say just give me the money:2tu: Even if the Government gives the companies money now it wont save them in the long run.:dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tell the people that ship to you to use fed ex overnight international, fedex clears themselves and no brokerage like UPS, only overnight service, ground or economy is different, pay more to pay less....

UPS charges COD before you get the item. USPS and Fed ex send letters in the mail asking for the Brokerage and taxes. Not sure how Fed ex works as the last few times I bought from Sean they didn't send me the bill later in mail like they did last year. USPS always sends "Pay me" letter unless it's ground (not courier) mailed.

Bought a Venom spoiler from Larry Macedo and cost was $320 prepaid UPS shipping and it cost me $310 for "Brokerage" to pick up COD. UPS sent it to Williams Lake - 200 miles away from here. Today I found my Forgeline parcel at UPS in Williams Lake ($9 and $59). Don't know why UPS sends my parcels 200mi. away?

Ted

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roundtrip from Detroit to Washington
Coach: about $350.
First Class: about $800.
Private/Company jet: $20,000.

I can't understand how companies that frugal would be bleeding 1 billion dollars a month.

BTW- the CEO of Ford doesn't live in Detroit. He lives in Seattle.
And he flies home each weekend.
Then back to the office on Monday.

Okay, I will go along with your theory. I suggest that every company or entity that receives a single penny of taxpayer monies from this whole bailout be required to sell all private aircraft and fly commercial. That should start with the ones getting the most like fannie and freddie, aig, goldman, etc. Did one ******* of a senator ask the same question of any of them? Of course not as they are playing to the media. I wonder how the rapid loss of corporate aircraft would impact the aircraft industry. Ah who cares. This govmt onlt cares to make whole the idiots that caused the mess. Everyone down stream gets screwed.

Oh, since we are admitting to the world that our largest corporations should not be allowed to have private aircraft the same should apply to our government. Ditch airforce 1 and make the president fly commercial also. Same goes for all other government employees.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I will go along with your theory. I suggest that every company or entity that receives a single penny of taxpayer monies from this whole bailout be required to sell all private aircraft and fly commercial.

I think it was you that missed the same point in a previous thread about CEOs salaries.

Anyways, you don't see an image problem with CEOs each taking a private jet to ask the taxpayers for billions?

Reaction score
For US based automakers there is a 7:1 to 10:1 ratio of indirect jobs related to the automakers direct jobs. For the Japanese transplants it does not even approach 1:1. 1:1 your ratio example would be poorly stated and doesn't help your case because of the error of 1:1. And all those transplant suppliers take their money home with them. No, not the company down here. So the southern states have made a deal with the devil and the devil is winning. Get rid of the US based OEMs and you will see. It will make the great depression look like good times as the rest of the world zooms by us. and doubtful that those *** automakers you prize so much care a freaking bit about your ass. Not one iota unless it makes them a profit. Every freaking political move they make is to convince people like you how american they are. Thanks to the courtesy man, and his company, I've had a great RE business for over 20-years.

And have you been selling homes in Florida for retirees moving south? No, personally I specialize in residential relocation and corporate services and 90% of my business is an auto conglomerate that does 13 Billion annually with almost 5000 associates.

Give up that job as there will not be much money moving south anymore. I know I will no longer consider having a second home in a location where the people think so lowly of people in the north. We don't think lowly of people in the north, just like we don't think lowly of people in the south just because they build (Americans) cars for Toyota and Honda.

Of course that matters no more as I will not have the money to keep my current house, let alone a second.

And your history on unions is pretty bad also. I am not a pro union person but to blame the companies that the unions had a strangle hold over and have been choking for years is placing the blame in the wrong places. Do you recall the extended strikes that occured which almost bankrupt GM? Pity such a short memory. I suppose you blame the people who get robbed too.

The CAFE standards (I have no freaking idea why you brought that up) were set last spring. Just 1 1/2 years ago. Read some newspapers. I could not care less about the ancient standards. They do not apply anymore. As for the whole fuel economy case for equal sized cars American cars are competitive in the world for fuel economy. That buyers buy larger vehicles here is their choice. I never saw a salesman with a gun forcing someone to buy a bigger car then they wanted.

So bottom line. Please find out what the per car value provided to the US is by the transplants and make a comparison to the US. I think the trade deficit with Japan says it all in that regard (we owe them $586 BILLION). That sucking sound you hear is the money getting sucked out of the US and going around the world. At some point they will come back and buy the property out from under us and we will become theirs.

I was born and raised in Detroit, my uncle is a retired engineer from Ford Motor and gets a pension, and my grandmother retired from the UAW, but 90% of my RE business for the last 20-years is an automotive company, and if it was one of the big three, I'd be in big trouble.

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions. Do you think maybe the big three are asking for bailout to please the unions? Do you think the unions are saying that the big three must seek a bailout before they consider changing the contract terms? Do you think that maybe the big three really know what the answer is and that is to file for bankruptcy and then reorganize but they have to go through this dog and pony show first to demonstrate to the unions they are trying to save their memberships jobs?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just amazing to me sometimes how ignorant the general public is about the inside working of corporate america. You don't need an MBA to know how things really work.

The amount of money a CEO spends to travel is so insignificant compared to the overall operating costs of a Fortune 500 manufacturing company. As it was mentioned before the executives have very limited time and need to be as efficient as possible. How often do you hear about lawmakers flying coach???:rolleyes: Heck, they're about to break to go on a 2 month vacation :dunno: Politicians have little incentive to do what's right for the long term. Since voters have short memories politicians only do what makes people happy to get them reelected and very little more. It's too difficult to implement policies for the long term.

Let's look at the real cause of this predicament that we're in. Have you seen the article on CNN about the real cause of the automotive fiasco we're in?
What's really killing Detroit - SUV addiction (1) - CNNMoney.com
We're so quick to point blame on the US auto industry but fail to look beneath the surface. :pile:Maybe the auto makers made so many SUV's is because people wanted to buy them! Why would an automaker make something that doesn 't sell???:dunno: The only thing the US automakers is guilty of is not diverting enough resources to making efficient small cars and directly competing against foreign competition. But again that's pretty difficult when you're handicapped by huge pension costs and UAW wages where your competitors don't have that disadvantage.

Some senators have a good point where if the auto industry goes through a drastic makeover it would make them more competitive in the long run. However can the economy take the additional pain right now. One needs to realize the auto industry is over 100 years old so of course it is not easy to change over night. If the auto makers fail it would probably throw the rest of the economy into a deeper tailspin!!!:spin:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions. Do you think maybe the big three are asking for bailout to please the unions? Do you think the unions are saying that the big three must seek a bailout before they consider changing the contract terms? Do you think that maybe the big three really know what the answer is and that is to file for bankruptcy and then reorganize but they have to go through this dog and pony show first to demonstrate to the unions they are trying to save their memberships jobs?

I don't believe that's true. Yes, the unions have been historically difficult to deal with but given the years of lost market share and eroding of wages, I think (hope) they are actually starting to get it.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The execs.

I thought the three execs really blew it- and then when the news showed the private jets - whoa.. perception is everything...

They should have all driven to DC in the ACR, ZR1, and GT500, and parked right on the Capitol grounds, THAT would have made a statement! :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of money a CEO spends to travel is so insignificant compared to the overall operating costs of a Fortune 500 manufacturing company.

You're missing the point too. It's the image of three CEOs flying from the same city to the same city each in their own private jet, and to ask for a handout no less. It doesn't bode well for public (taxpayers) perception not to mention the employees who are about to get canned.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. They should have toned it down. Especially in the current times. But at least Nardelli is taking a $1 salary.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like a lot of people have mentioned, perception is everything.

They had a chance to make an impression and they blew it.

Even if you own/manage a small company...and you see worries and concerns...I don't know about you guys, but, why would you drive your $ 100k car to work? I mean, it would make sense to leave it at home and not park it in the lot...I would think it is certainly discouraging to others.

Even a Viper...which some are worth less than a big SUV...but perception, perception, perception. A lot of people don't have a clue how much our cars are worth but they assume that because it is a Viper it is an exotic creature (they look it though). I haven't driven my Viper to work since I bought it for that same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala