A deputy's offer

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While out for a drive with my wife today,i pulled over to get a fresh drink from the cooler i carry in the trunk of my GTS. I was getting it out when a sherrif's deputy pulled alongside me and asked if everything was ok. I told him i was just getting a drink.He asked me if i wanted to trade cars for a while,and i said sure,if i get to pull you over for a change! lol...i said i had always wanted to drive a police car anyway and he said not as much as he would like to drive my Viper. I was just happy he had a sense of humor and not just messin with me. Some cops can be jerks but most i have had anything to do with were ok. :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in Panama City Beach for Spring Break back in my pre-Viper days and saw a GTS parked at a hotel. Ofcourse I pull in and tell my gf that we have to check out the car. A cop was parked beside it and I asked the cop if he was the Viper security guard. He laughed and said he had been asked that a lot. When I started taking pics of the GTS, he said he was jealous noone wanted pics of his police car. I told him it'd actually be pretty cool. So, he put me in the back seat and shut the door and let my gf take a couple pics. He then let her sit in it and I took a couple pics of her. If Facebook existed back then, it'd be a great shot to have posted w/the caption "had too much to drink tonight and got in a barfight" :rolaugh:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in Panama City Beach for Spring Break back in my pre-Viper days and saw a GTS parked at a hotel. Ofcourse I pull in and tell my gf that we have to check out the car. A cop was parked beside it and I asked the cop if he was the Viper security guard. He laughed and said he had been asked that a lot. When I started taking pics of the GTS, he said he was jealous noone wanted pics of his police car. I told him it'd actually be pretty cool. So, he put me in the back seat and shut the door and let my gf take a couple pics. He then let her sit in it and I took a couple pics of her. If Facebook existed back then, it'd be a great shot to have posted w/the caption "had too much to drink tonight and got in a barfight" :rolaugh:

haha,wish i had thought of that!:rolaugh:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was down in Chicago a few years back and my buddy and I started to talk to a patrol officer. We had a few laughs, and I asked if he would do an "action" shot of me getting arrested in Chicago - so my buddy took a picture of me with my hands behind my back getting put in cuffs. I wanted to razz my girlfriend that I had got arrested down in the States. He was game and did the pic. He was really cool about it. Cops are just regular guys like the rest of us. Personally, I think they take a bad rap, but the reality is, they are just doing their jobs and trying to keep us safe. We always want a break from them, but sometimes we need to give them a break too. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus Chad! you were around before facebook!?

You must be old! hahaha!

It has been determined many times that I am old. Do you remember a website called Myspace? I do! Yes, I'm THAT old. Its depressing, but true :)

I was down in Chicago a few years back and my buddy and I started to talk to a patrol officer. We had a few laughs, and I asked if he would do an "action" shot of me getting arrested in Chicago - so my buddy took a picture of me with my hands behind my back getting put in cuffs. I wanted to razz my girlfriend that I had got arrested down in the States. He was game and did the pic. He was really cool about it.

I had the same idea a few years ago. I'm willing to bet my cop was hotter than your cop :D

You must be registered for see images attach

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BY CHIEFCHAD
That's hilarious :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:
And to think that I had an original idea!!!!
And oh yes,your cop was way better looking than mine, indeed !
Hmmmm.....two Chads with the exact same idea.
The plot thickens.......:lmao::rolaugh:

[/QUOTE]

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure were I stored the pictures but on the last socal trip I took with my buddies, we had a cop pull into the gas station behind us. He was a very cool CHP officer that had a vette ( I was with a group of vettes), he chatted with us for a bit then let us take some cool action shots of him "lighting-up" the entire group. We even sent him copies of the pictures so he could show all his cop friends the "big bust" he made.:rolaugh: I think there were 12 cars all together.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last cop pulled me over just to ask me how i afford a viper. i was pissed...the blue lights suddenly appearing scared the hell utta me..and then i pulled over as quickly as i could in an area i would never park my car with sticks ect...and for what...a dumb question...

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BY CHIEFCHAD
That's hilarious :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:
And to think that I had an original idea!!!!
And oh yes,your cop was way better looking than mine, indeed !
Hmmmm.....two Chads with the exact same idea.
The plot thickens.......:lmao::rolaugh:

[/QUOTE]

If my cop looked like that,i woulda rammed 'er :D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first few times I was pulled over in the RT/10 I had a streak of luck where the officers would ask things like "how much power does it have? What year? What's the speedo go to?" etc. None were overly friendly, but they weren't ***** either. The following 8 times I've been pulled over after my luck ended I've been given at least one citation, and as many as four.

The most generous a cop has ever been was when I was taking a family member for a ride and hammered it about a mile from their driveway on a country road. When I saw the lights I was doing about 110 in a 55. He pulled me over and the first thing he said was "do you have family in this area?" "Yes, sir." "Me too...I don't want to see anyone hurt. Slow it down..." and he left. I didn't even have to give him my license and insurance.

I don't expect every officer to be THAT lenient...that was negligent and would have been worthy of jail time...but it's nice when you get the occasional pass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang