A random B/W GTS pulled in behind my B/S coupe today...

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at work today, and a guy cruising by in his Viper saw my car and pulled in to chat. While this is old news for everyone, it's still cool to see both Generations side by side...so I snapped a quick pic. He and I both felt the new coupe looked better :eater:

Why did Dodge design the side cove angled forward instead of to the back like on the Gen I and IIs? :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Gorgeous... The older brother got the looks but the younger brother is a bit more athletic. This shot really illustrates how they whiffed on shape of the SRT side cove. Too angular for the rest of the car... I'm surprised that the aftermarket hasn't come up with something for that. I'd love to see somebody photoshop the GTS opening on the SRT... The SRT window looks better without the stanchion...

We know how Leno voted...

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J.R. Thompson published a soft cover book when the 2003 was introduced called Dodge Viper SRT-10: The Official Story. I had to buy mine--maybe others were given them by their dealers, I don't know. It was published for Dodge and is a kind of super sales brochure. There are at least a dozen drawings of the Viper with different styling cues, including many different side coves. At least one of them looks like the GTS opening.

Bill

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having owned an '02 GTS (my first Viper) in the past, I prefer the SRT look over the GTS. I do prefer the slightly larger rear lip spoiler of the GTS over the SRT's smaller duck lip spoiler. I may be in the minority here, but I still miss/prefer the dual center mounted exhaust over the side mounted exhaust. Outside of these two preferences, I appreciate the SRT over the GTS. From the front view, the GTS just looks old/tired/dated, IMHO. Just sayin...

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J.R. Thompson published a soft cover book when the 2003 was introduced called Dodge Viper SRT-10: The Official Story. I had to buy mine--maybe others were given them by their dealers, I don't know. It was published for Dodge and is a kind of super sales brochure. There are at least a dozen drawings of the Viper with different styling cues, including many different side coves. At least one of them looks like the GTS opening.

Bill

Interesting...any members with a copy of this book, and a scanner? :D

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lovely pic. Thanks for sharing. I also had an 02 before the 06. There are certain features of the GTS that I prefer

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 4 ACR > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 1

All great in their own right... If I could have 4 I would have one of each Gen and no 2 of any. If I could have only 1 it's a GTS. You could argue that you wouldn't need a Gen3 if you have a Gen4 but the drive by wire makes them unique.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang