A Viper, treated much different than most. . . 56k be warned

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my '99 ACR. I love it. But I also drive it daily, for the most part. The day after I got it washed, I had a 70 mile trek through a snow storm. Since then it's logged around 700 miles, with lots of rain and bugs. So this car has been subjected to many more conditions than most Vipers.

Oh btw, this is what was required for today, with light flurries
You must be registered for see images

Onto the dirty car:

There is a great road outside the city. But it's seasonal. . . and dirt, on a good day. :omg:

This is the smallest puddle, but I could get out of the car without stepping into it. :2tu:

Then back into the town

At the garage

Nick

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I love a super clean car, I really like dirty cars. Following the lines of where water/dust/dirt travels. I just find it very interesting to see the lines of the car.

Anyways, it will be getting another full detail in the near future. If anyone has seen work from AutoLavish from other forums, you will know the amount of detail that is about to be given to the car. :D

This is when my '99 ACR was *****. :rolaugh:

Nick

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the dirty pics. Always nice to see any rare/exotic/bad ass car be driven the way its supposed to be.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car, but I think I need medication when it comes to a dirty ride.

Bruce

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How refreshing to see someone use their exotic/supercar ALL THE TIME!! On the flipside, I now feel like a complete wuss for only having 5,000 miles on an '04.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine daily too, rain or shine. Mine looks much dirtier than yours however :)

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for driving my Viper routinely (1000+ miles in the last three weeks since I've owned it), but that road SUCKED! Sorry man, but that hurt a little to see....:D

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My silver GTS gets more typical Viper usage but how about this one...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Judging from the hand prints you are closing your hood wrong. I was taught you need to push right over where the hinges are (closer to the vents) at about 10 and 2 oclock and should not push down on the front of the hood. ;) :rolaugh: :jester:

Glad to see you are enjoying it. :2tu:

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging from the hand prints you are closing your hood wrong. I was taught you need to push right over where the hinges are (closer to the vents) at about 10 and 2 oclock and should not push down on the front of the hood. ;) :rolaugh: :jester:

Glad to see you are enjoying it. :2tu:

It would look that way.
I usually go wide for the main push. Then pretty much everywhere to make sure that it's locked down and even. Probably doesn't do much, but helps me sleep at night.:rolaugh:

Nick

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could also hook your thumbs in the Naca duct and push Back as well as down since that it the direction the hood actually closes. Using your thumbs is much more positive and even with a wet, dirty hood your hands won't slip off.

Seeing all that gravel and mud coming out of the side scoops just reminds me what a pain in the --- it is to clean under the hood every time I drive through a dirty puddle.

Ted