AARP insurance

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked on AARP car insurance yesterday with the same coverage I have and was shocked to find out that I can save 50%. They are sending me a written quote so I can confirm the coverages. Anybody had any experience with them?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just turned 50 this year and joined AARP. I was planning on checking out the insurance
and now after reading your post I will definitely check it out. When I get a quote I will post
it.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm 52 and still in denial; I'm greatly annoyed at receiving AARP mail promotions. But I hate paying more for insurance. Perhaps I better start opening those AARP materials.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm 52 and still in denial; I'm greatly annoyed at receiving AARP mail promotions.

LOL - It's refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one who does this. I'm not 52 yet but I've been throwing away the AARP stuff ever since it started showing up in my mailbox when I was halfway through age 49. I'd contact them and request no more mailings but that would probably just make it worse. When I'm ready to retire in another 15 or so years THEN maybe I'll take a closer look at what they have to offer - maybe not.

Anyway, I have a pretty good rate through Fidelity National. I'm paying $207 every 6 months with a $500 ded. The Viper is listed as a secondary vehicle for recreational driving. No mileage restrictions.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 38 and I've been receiving AARP stuff in the mail for a few years now. If anyone needs some AARP spam, I'd be happy to send some around.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed from Safeco to AARP (Hartford Ins.) and saved 50%. They also gave me a guaranteed value policy.....I think it's about $400.00 per year. I am very satisfied with it so far.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful as its not so much the premium cost but how do they settle a claim if you need to file one. Quotes are often low at first then rise soon there after.

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I insure 3 cars. I was paying $3000.00 Switched to AARP and am now paying $1300.00 for same coverage. I also switched my home owners insurace to AARP , saved money and got better coverage. At least you get something for being a geezer!

Bo knows

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember "guaranteed" value is NOT "agreed" value.......check the policy before you have to bite the bullet after a totaled car looms in the future!!!! (Not that I'm wishing that on you, just playing the devil's advocate!)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applied when they sent me an application, and I was turned down....they stated that they would not insure the Viper because of the cost of repairs, I had a few choice words for them in my response. Basically I told them it was unfortunate that they decline coverage based on the car and not the driver, because the last time I checked "cars don't have accidents, people do"

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, I have a pretty good rate through Fidelity National. I'm paying $207 every 6 months with a $500 ded. The Viper is listed as a secondary vehicle for recreational driving. No mileage restrictions.
Wow, I'm 50+, no tickets.....AARP was 1'3 more than I pay now. House and other 2 cars insured with Fidelity but they would't do the Viper or my 52 Pickup rod. Ended up with Gundy. 700 a yr for both but have to use them to shows or club stuff.:dunno:

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have checked in depth with AARP/Hartford on approx 5 conversations with them. They raised the price from the original quote which did not set well with me. They said my RX7 was on the prohibited list, but they would take it anyway. I kind of get the feeling they would cancel me the first chance they got due to the RX7 , Viper, teenagers or something. The price is cheap now, but I wonder what it would be after that first year if I did not get cancelled in the mean time. I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302