AB Custom Viper Spark Plug Wires - Review and Pics

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS has built a handful of Viper V10 engines with C.O.P. (coil on plug) ignition systems. We have also made our own sparkplug wires for all of these systems. When tuning, testing or racing we’re removing wires to check and/or change sparkplugs as necessary. We try to be cautious but, there is too many times where our spark plug wires have pulled apart at the connectors. This always ends up costing us time and money repairing these wires.

I’ve heard about AB wires for some time and finally contacted Adam to make us some custom sparkplug wires for our C.O.P applications. Adam was great to deal with and went on and above to help us. When we received our new AB custom spark plug wires it was immediately evident to everyone that these wires were high quality and exactly what we needed. After using them for a while they have proven themselves as a superior product that everyone in our shop has praised.

We bench tested the AB custom C.O.P. spark plug wires with an Ohm meter and found all of them consistent while the wires we had made in house were inconsistent. The AB wires are built tough with an attention to detail. They’re heat shielded and made strong at the connectors where it’s most important.

After using many brands of spark plug wires over the years SVS has unanimously decided that they will only use and recommend AB wires for all customers engines.

Thank you AB wires for making an awesome product!

Ron Misjak Jr
SVS

Coil on plug wires made in house at SVS:

You must be registered for see images

AB Custom Wires made for SVS coil on plug ignition system:

AB Custom Wires are the highest quality spark plug wires SVS has installed in the 15 years we’ve worked on Vipers.

SVS recommends AB wires for ALL Vipers!

Thanks Adam :2tu:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have a pair and will be ordering another set real soon.

AB, do the wires now come standard with the addition boots?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WoW! thanks for the nice write up.

The heat boots are an additional $10.00 per set. They are made to be a slim fit and tight so it doesn't have "socks" sticking out the side of the car. Want the interior to look good too!

home

Let me know how I can help! I back my product up and will design wires for custom cars. I think I pretty much have all thumbs up from many major tuners. WOW! Kind of funny how this all started...I was wanting good wires for my Lambo and it all led to this! LOL!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my set from Adam (AB) this afternoon, just waiting to see what shows up at my door!! (color-wise) I also ordered 10 Autolite XP985 Iridium plugs and the Moroso #71900 indexing washers and I figure I'll do a how-to when it comes to indexing your plugs.

Regards,
Aaron

tntdoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my AB wires for quite some time. The first set were red, the most recent are black. Both sets have worked great and look good, too. I have a '98 GTS TNT Kingsnake (510ci stroker motor with the big manifold and heads on it) making 630 RWHP and 630 RW ft-lbs. on motor on a Mustang (loaded) dyno , plus a 300 shot of nitrous, also. The wires have worked admirably. Since I live in Louisville and have known Adam for quite some time, he has also done quite a bit of work on the car for me. He built me a beautiful and very functional complete new fuel induction system for the car.When I get a chance I'll post a picture of the fuel rails he built for the car. Prior to that I didn't have enough fuel delivery for the big cam and extensive head work on the car. His work, along with a new AEM computer, did the trick. I can't say enough about everything Adam's done for me and the car.

Take care,
Rob Campbell

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron:

Technically speaking, your engines do not have COP ( Coil On Plug) but rather CNP (Coil Near Plug) as a lot of GM engines have.
COP do not have any spark plug wire since the coil is right on top of the plug . ( Jaguar V8 engines being a good example.)

Luc 00GTS

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron:

Technically speaking, your engines do not have COP ( Coil On Plug) but rather CNP (Coil Near Plug) as a lot of GM engines have.
COP do not have any spark plug wire since the coil is right on top of the plug . ( Jaguar V8 engines being a good example.)

Luc 00GTS

You're right. I will make sure that it's clear and described as CNP from here on out...