About to take the plunge on a 06 SRTC

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After lots of debating and going back and forth between the Viper and the ZO6 I am leaning toward the Viper.

The reasons come in a variety of flavors, but the first is styling. Second is that my long term plans and desires (to have a solid platform to build up on) don't really seem to be supported with the new Z06. Third, and not least, My wife loves the Viper, the Z06 does not turn her head at all. Its a good thing to have the wife onboard.

I guess I just have a few questions I would love to get some feedback on.

1. I'm looking at ordering with Motons, lightweight flywheel, Comp Coupe oil pan. If I go with these parts day one, is there any downside later if I decide to build the motor up some? (I'm leaning toward the RSI 700 stroker option.

2. Racelogic. Im planning on installing a recelogic on the car. Does anyone know if there are any drawbacks to this later on (IE, Issues with building the motor up and possible ECU reprogramming needed to support different motor builds.

3. On the VOI9 Coupes they had a few cars with the head/cam package installed as an option. Is this something Dodge offered on the cars as an option or just something specific to VOI9 cars?

Thanks in advance and I hope to be in the fold soon.

Kevin

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll take #3. That was just specific to the VOI9 cars. However...some performance friendly dealers will do that prior to delivering the car. I have had 2 SRTC's delivered to me with the full Mopar package...

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I'll take #1. Should not be an issue and would be good initial mods. If you do the RSI 700 say hello to Jason and Gerald for me. Jason built my car when he was at He nn ee ssey. I have a light weight flywheel, racing oil pan and am lowered with Eibachs. He does an excellent job! BTW, why don't you come by our next monthly Club meeting on 10/14. We have a few members with SRTCs that could help you out. Here's the link: http://www.northtexasviperclub.com/ .
I live in Grapevine. If you have any other questions send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. Good luck!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Kevin,

You don't let us know how you plan to use the car - that would be helpful.

#1 is a good idea. I'd add the Hurst shifter to that list and then track the car. The Corsa Track would be another good add but would make the car too loud if you add headers later.

#2 Don't know of any draw backs. The comp coupe guys love this system on the track.

#3 Some Dodge dealers offered this install as an option.

You're gonna love that car.

Dan

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on #2 you will love the racelogic at any hoarsepower level it works great

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've made the right choice (Viper over Z). you'll likely get one for nearly the same price, performance comes down to driver, but you cannot replace the exclusivity & excitement of driving the Snake.

Driving my c6z06 means go un-noticed (which is fine - I don't have the cars for attention) but taking the GTS out means an exhillerating drive for me and dozens of awe inspired spectators wherever it goes. Be sure to share the thrill of ownership with moms/dads/kids who want to come and see it close up.

Enjoy your Viper, you won't regret it - be safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc