Absolutely Phenomenal!!!

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no other way to describe the new SRT-10!

I picked up my black/black Version yesterday from Fitzgerald Motor Sports In Laconia, NH, and when I tell you this car was absolutely flawless, I couldn't find so much as a swirl mark in the bright sun. They did a tremendous job prepping the car, but they also had an unbelievable paint job to work with. The fit and finish are superb, to include the ragtop. The engine compartment is laid out impeccably, and the new 505 CID looks awesome. The cockpit is roomier, than my RT/10, with a real glove box and console compartment. The roof operation is a snap and the suede leather seats are extremely comfortable. The dash layout is great, with the tach staring you right in the face, and the interior quality is much improved. The stereo system is a huge upgrade and the cockpit seems significantly quieter, than its predecessor, during open-air driving. The side-pipes sing out the familiar Viper growl, but definitely a little throatier and more enjoyable to these ears. The hood are rear lid have hydraulic assists and they feel of substance, in terms of quality and gauge of plastic. The doors shut tightly and the windows climb another half inch to form a perfect seal from the elements. Contrary to earlier reports, the side-sills felt fine after a 100-mile drive, and actually cooler than my RT/10. The polished aluminum wheels look great and the decision to drop their dimensions by an inch (19/18), I think, was a good one.

Couple all this with the fact that this car kicked the Lamborghini Murcielago's ass in the latest Motor Trend competition (taking five out of nine categories plus one tie), and it all adds up to one hell of a car. Aesthetically speaking, the new Viper is still a tremendous crowd pleaser, and I couldn't be more thrilled with my new toy. This car is a masterpiece and my hat is off to the engineers and management at Dodge PVO for making it all happen.

Lastly, I know we have some great Viper dealers affiliated with the VCA, but a can't imagine anyone treating me any better, and more professionally, than the folks at Fitzgerald Motor Sport. A special thanks to them for making this a very memorable experience!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on taking delivery of your new SRT-10 Viper. It's great to hear you're so pleased. They are certainly impressive, from what I've seen. Granted, that has been very limited, but still enough to impress me. What an exotic. It's also exciting to see them performing so well in tests, now that more competent drivers are getting behind the wheel.

You must be registered for see images

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

Congrats to you !! I am envious and just sitting here waiting for mine - ARGH the waiting time feel so looong.

Let's hear more about your driving and handling impressions

OP
OP
B

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the congrats!

Hans, unfortunately I'll be shackled to the break-in period before I start having some real fun. However, the car does seem to be more balanced than the RT and much less twitchy. I expected a more rigid suspension and a bumpier ride, but this was not my observation. The car seems smoother, possibly because of better seating. As reported, the brakes are record breakingly good. The torque/acceleration to 4,000 RPMs are noticeably increased. I can only imagine the gain beyond this point, as the asp seems ready to explode. Good luck with your delivery status, and I'll keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas