AC making noise, sounds like it's coming from the glove box?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My AC is making a noise as if there is something loose in the vents, sounds like a piece of paper somewhere in the vents, the noise gets louder when you turn up the fan and goes away completely when you turn off the fan. It almost sounds like something got dislodged when I hit a bump driving earlier, any ideas? It sounds like it is coming from the vent somewhere behind the glove box.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could just be a leaf or some sort of debris tha the fan is rubbing against. Doubt that there is anything wrong with the AC itself.

Brent

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I go about getting to the fan? it does sound like something just got in there

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that difficult....just uncomfortable. Stick your head down in the passenger floorboard under the dash and look up...

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When mine started making that noise it was the blower motor going out. Had to have it replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is out of warranty, I will see what I can find this weekend, otherwise I guess I will order a new one, the noise isn't loud, I had to turn down the radio to hear it but still there are already enough rattles in this car, don't need another one...haha

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what happened but it stopped on its own, maybe whatever fell down there dislodged?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine starting to make noise as it was gathering some moisture from the system. it is four bolts to remove, mind you they are a miserable four bolts as it isnt easy to squeeze in the area.