ACR and Salt Flats...

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of downforce equals lots of induced drag... The standard coupe is much faster, but it's a little floaty at 200 mph. I guess I'd rather feel planted to the earth and lose a few mph than feel like I'm about to get airborne if the car goes over a little whoop at max speed.

Just think what a GTS could do with a Gen IV engine :) The Cd of the GTS was so much cleaner - I'll bet it would be good for 210 mph, but it isn't too well planted at speed either...

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Lots of downforce equals lots of induced drag... The standard coupe is much faster, but it's a little floaty at 200 mph. I guess I'd rather feel planted to the earth and lose a few mph than feel like I'm about to get airborne if the car goes over a little whoop at max speed.

I took my 06 FE to 190 mph indicated last year, and I can say it was not the most confident feeling car at that speed. So much so that I was actually a little nervous and backed it down right away. I've had my new one up to 175 so far and it is a world of difference. Very planted and predictable.