ACR BUZZ

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is all but gone.When is one going to be delivered so we can have some interest back on the boards??I am really concerned this car will come and go with not much fanfare.Look at the zr1 boards and they are lite up.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big mistake not getting them out the door for the start of track season.....guess Dodge was focused on Daytona. Nice effort there, though!

OP
OP
X

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree,here in AZ.we track Jan-May then take the summer off till Sep-Dec.Average temp here in the summer is 107%.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are simply far more Corvette enthusiasts in the world than Viper fans. It only makes sense that the ZR1 discussions are more active. I'd still rather have an ACR over the ZR1, mostly because it just looks more aggressive and stands out. I don't feel Chevy did the ZR1 justice from an appearance standpoint, the majority of the non-enthusiast world will still mistake them for regular $39K brand new C6 Corvettes. Kind of like how the Shelby Mustangs get mistaken for $18K V6 Mustangs.

Tony

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the difference with the ZR-1 and the ACR is that the magazines are all over the ZR-1. ZR-1 hit the cover of all the big magazines (motortrend, car and driver etc.) Then the ACR only gets like a page in a magazine. Also though in both of the reviews they were only first drives (meaning no tests were done like 0-60). The buzz will be back up when the ACR comes out, so they can test the stats.

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BuZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..pulling away from the non street legal slr...i've ********** one stuck up slr owner with that pic
topgear.JPG

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are simply far more Corvette enthusiasts in the world than Viper fans. It only makes sense that the ZR1 discussions are more active. I'd still rather have an ACR over the ZR1, mostly because it just looks more aggressive and stands out. I don't feel Chevy did the ZR1 justice from an appearance standpoint, the majority of the non-enthusiast world will still mistake them for regular $39K brand new C6 Corvettes. Kind of like how the Shelby Mustangs get mistaken for $18K V6 Mustangs.

Tony

That's true, like wise most people won't know the difference between an ACR and a coupe if they even know it's a viper. I have an 02 ACR and most people never even heard of a Viper ACR. I also have an 08 Z06 and like you said most people don't know the difference between it and a C6.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line......Do you care what MOST people think or know? When all these cars go away, and they will, they will become legendary. Those of you with cash that did'nt buy them will be kicking themselves. Kinda like the way an original ZL-1 Vette is worth about 50X what a base model Vette would fetch.