ACR fog lights

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to put fog lights in my 99 ACR. Can you tell me who has the stuff and about how much? I can't care about keeping it stock, with 542 cubes....LOLOLOL!!!! Hope to see you guys at Bowling Green. GB3

OP
OP
G

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks, did ya see the tv show....it was cool! I heard John Lingenfelter crashed this weekend....he is ok. Call me david.
229-924-0031 Thanks, GB3

OP
OP
G

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys we had 100 views on this post...and no ideas. Come on, my car would be very cool with some fog lights. Some one has done this besides me for sure. Write me back.....please. GB3

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
George, I think no one has replied because this has been covered before and can be found by searching the site.

(If memory serves me correctly...) The wiring is in place and all you have to purchase are the fog lights. The lights are less expensive if purchased through a VW dealer, or check with PartsRack or Chuck Tator for a good price.

Reaction score
There's a fella in Socal (I don't think he posts here) that drilled out the centers of his black fog light plugs and installed small high intensity lamps. It looked kinda cool. He did use the existing factory electrical harness that is tucked away.
dunno.gif

OP
OP
G

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks David and Greg. I searched for a while before I posted, I promise....I just didnt get the answers I was lookin for. A friend, David Jenkins, called and said he had some lights I could try....But the facia has lil holes in the reg. GTS and not so in my ACR? We will see. Any other ideas? GB3

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg 99ACR Red and Silver:
There's a fella in Socal (I don't think he posts here) that drilled out the centers of his black fog light plugs and installed small high intensity lamps. It looked kinda cool. He did use the existing factory electrical harness that is tucked away.
dunno.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this help?

16dcp4078.jpg

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can put the factory ones in since the plug is there.
Call Chuck Tator @ Tators Dodge for the scoop and parts.
914-763-3136
Please post pics when done.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GB, take a close look at Abel's yellow car. It's got the aftermarket lights used with the stock ACR blanks. Find just about any other Viper front shot and you'll see how a stock lamp fills the hole. PMUM'S gonna' check at home to see if he still has his old one's, and Abel is bringing his car in this Thursday for service, so I'll check into his. Up until '99 (???) there is also a factory driving lamp lens that snaps in the fascia to protect the lamps. Your car doesn't have the three slots to hold this lens cover. Those wheels on the yellow car are for sale guys.dj

OP
OP
G

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, will the stock covers, lenses fit right? David spoke of lil indentions recessed in the facia to fit the tabs on the covers. Any idea? GB3