ACR has more power than ZR1

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then I guess they can say all Gen IV Vipers have more power than a ZR1 since the drive train in a non-ACR is the same as an ACR

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few HP here or there doesn't matter that much to me. What matters it what's on the track and I've already seen dozens of ACRs on the track but not one ZR1. Jeeze, I've seen Bugattis, FordGTs, Enzos, Lambos and PorscheGTs on the track but not one ZR1. I guess that Chevy is just too valuable to risk doing laps in.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vehicles will typically produce more power once broken in. Only way to really compare the two is to have them dyno on the same day, at the same facility, with similar mileage.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few HP here or there doesn't matter that much to me. What matters it what's on the track and I've already seen dozens of ACRs on the track but not one ZR1. Jeeze, I've seen Bugattis, FordGTs, Enzos, Lambos and PorscheGTs on the track but not one ZR1. I guess that Chevy is just too valuable to risk doing laps in.

No they just all blow up when put on the track:lmao:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think the 08/09 viper is making more than 600hp,i have seen many 08s dyno and a acr and they were all under 530 at the wheels.ck with dc performance see if the have had a 08-09 put 550 plus at the wheels bone stock

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think the 08/09 viper is making more than 600hp,i have seen many 08s dyno and a acr and they were all under 530 at the wheels.ck with dc performance see if the have had a 08-09 put 550 plus at the wheels bone stock

Different dynos at different altitudes etc read differently. No way to cross compare dynos and legitimately pick a winner. Only way to do a foolproof dyno between the two is both on the same day, same dyno shop, same time of day etc then you can pick which one is the winner assuming both cars are similar mileage condition etc. Everything else is just for conversation sake.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2008 in stock form yielded about 529 rwhp and 505 rwft-lbs torque on a Mustang dyno which depending on the correction factor was about 601-620 hp. Back when the Gen IV cars were being introduced, I believe some of the VCA officers observed an engine, not a chassis dyno, of the new 600 hp motor being run by the SRT engineers and it was actually putting out 614-615 hp at the flywheel.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different dynos at different altitudes etc read differently. No way to cross compare dynos and legitimately pick a winner. Only way to do a foolproof dyno between the two is both on the same day, same dyno shop, same time of day etc then you can pick which one is the winner assuming both cars are similar mileage condition etc. Everything else is just for conversation sake.
EXACTLY .Another good way to tell is run both cars down the track the same DAY,TIME DRIVER .Quarter mile trap speeds TELL ALL.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
rcl4668,

"I believe some of the VCA officers observed an engine, not a chassis dyno, of the new 600 hp motor being run by the SRT engineers and it was actually putting out 614-615 hp at the flywheel."

Yes, I was at SRT in the Detroit area when an SRT guy was running the new engine on the dyno. Engine made 601 hp at 6000. Nudged a bit higher in the rpm band (6100), power went to 614.

Dan

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score

C'mon Chuck! Can't we all just get along! :rolaugh: And no, you can't tell me to go back to the Z06 forums as my ACR is being delivered Monday morning.

Mike

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon Chuck! Can't we all just get along! :rolaugh: And no, you can't tell me to go back to the Z06 forums as my ACR is being delivered Monday morning.

Mike

LOL

Hey Viper gang, we have another convert. Give a good welcome to Mike C. Be warned this guy knows how to drive and is gonna be one of the top ACR thrashers in our group. Look out.

Mike, I can't wait to see your ACR. When is Matt getting his? Rules on this board is you must post pics, preferrably with a babe. :2tu:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to say. Some would say only 10% drive train loss so that would put you back at around 600 to the flywheel. Also as stated different dynos give different results.