ACR Owners

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have lowered my car 1". "because i could". actually i had my mechanic do it. it is a very easy procedure at least with the koni's. i think it took no more than 45 minutes on a rack. car looks a little meaner, though definitely is more prone to front fascia scareps. overall i like it, car feels a bit more centered, etc.

jason

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tweaked the jounce and rebound for the track and liked the new settings so much I never went back to street settings. The ride really wasn't compromised either so it was all good.

As far as the springs are concerned, yea I'd like to lower a bit (max. recommended is 1/2") but I've already had some clearance issues and I drive the car on the street more than the track so I just left the springs alone. Besides, if you change the ride height, you must realign all four wheels so this is not something you can change on a whim.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have lowered my car 1". "because i could". actually i had my mechanic do it. it is a very easy procedure at least with the koni's. i think it took no more than 45 minutes on a rack. car looks a little meaner, though definitely is more prone to front fascia scareps. overall i like it, car feels a bit more centered, etc.

jason

.... what about aligning the wheels after the car was lowered?

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have lowered my car 1". "because i could". actually i had my mechanic do it. it is a very easy procedure at least with the koni's. i think it took no more than 45 minutes on a rack. car looks a little meaner, though definitely is more prone to front fascia scrapes. overall i like it, car feels a bit more centered, etc.

jason

.... what about aligning the wheels after the car was lowered?

I deferred to our local vipertech, ted may, of valaya racing and he didn't seem to think it was a big issue.

Jason

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to let Chuck Tator set up my Viper it would take more than a week...since I am in Colorado...That's quite a drive to have my suspension adjusted. What did he do?

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cardude,
Come on its not that far! Plus you get to tell us how well the car handles in the snow. I know Chuck will be happy to discuss with you the adjustments that he recommends and what a fair price would be. Give him a buzz it will be worth the price of the call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHunter