ACR rollbar for 06+ coupe?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if this ACR rollbar is also found in the '06+ coupes? If not, can it be installed without removing the roof, and are there the proper mounting points already on the '06+ coupe?

You must be registered for see images

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, it comes with the car already It is not different then the coupe Are you looking for another one?

There are some aftermarket bars available that have a substantial amount of additional bracing but does require the replacement interior panels. It can be done without removing the roof but the factory bar in your picture will have to be cut out as it will ONLY come out in one piece with the roof off.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics from my install, I know I have more but will have to look more.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where I cut my factory bar. The blue tape i where I tapped it back together for the photo

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Tim. I wonder why the FGT guys get a pass when going over 190 mph at the mile, and the Viper coupe does not. It seems we have the factory rollbar just like they do.

What brand is the rollbar you installed?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform is the brand. The Ford GT has a complete structure around the driver. It is designed much better as it was never meant to be a convertible. I would have to say that it is a safer car from the factory in a high speed roll over collision. Of course this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the pics Tim. I wonder why the FGT guys get a pass when going over 190 mph at the mile, and the Viper coupe does not. It seems we have the factory rollbar just like they do.

What brand is the rollbar you installed?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from Ross Murray at Exoticraft in LA. Dan at DC has them too. Only picture I have, front two mounting points are similar to F8L Snake's bar. As he mentioned, need to cut up the bulkhead.

roll_bar1.JPG

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from Ross Murray at Exoticraft in LA. Dan at DC has them too. Only picture I have, front two mounting points are similar to F8L Snake's bar. As he mentioned, need to cut up the bulkhead.

roll_bar1.JPG

Are the two rear bars anchored or are they floating on top of the tub?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roll bar in Redtan's picture is bolted to the top of the shock mount. At least that is what I was told when I checked into it. The positive is that it will help support the shock supports but the rigidity of the main hoop was my main concern. They are both good pieces I just liked the Autoform's design better. It appeared to have more structure to support a roll over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte