Acr Tires what do you have on yours?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi about that time that I need to replace the tires on my ACR. Wanted to see what others were putting on. I been looking into the nitto's and kuhmos?
Opinions greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joshua

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Cups are a decent track tire too, not quite as quick as maybe a set of Hoosiers or pure slicks, but they also are better to drive to the track on, and they will outwear most of their contemporaries.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others have said, it depends on how you drive and what you do with the car.
I've never driven on Cups, but from what I've heard, if you do track and street, it's about the best there is as a compromise.
If you do very "spirited" mountian type drives, but not much track, I would get the PS2's.
I just put a set of Invo's on mine, and for 95% of the driving I normally do, they are great. They hook better than my PS2's ever did as far as putting the power down. They do have a softer sidewall and you will notice a little more of "floaty" feeling when you're going pretty quick through turns. The problem I have found with the Invo's is that last 5% when you're really running hard in some twisties. You really notice the soft sidewalls and it can feel really spooky when pushing hard. If I'm able to keep the revs above 4,500 and keep good driveline pressure on the tires, they are pretty predictable (though still not as confidence inspiring as the PS2's). It's when you're not really keeping them loaded, that they can bite you. Obviously you don't ever want to lift in corner, but these make it a lot worse. Even low RPM, fast corners make the rear want to come around on me.
The more I'm getting into corners and thinking about road track time, the more I wish had the PS2's.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Street Tires Cornering Comparo:

Sport Cups = Stiffer Sidewalls = Stiffer Ride than PS-2s. Cups pull the most Gs when warm.
Kumhos Next. No fronts avail right now.
PS2 next....probably the BEST all-around tire ever put on a Viper.

WHAT HE SAID Below, and Others...

Like others have said, it depends on how you drive and what you do with the car.
I've never driven on Cups, but from what I've heard, if you do track and street, it's about the best there is as a compromise.
If you do very "spirited" mountian type drives, but not much track, I would get the PS2's.
I just put a set of Invo's on mine, and for 95% of the driving I normally do, they are great. They hook better than my PS2's ever did as far as putting the power down. They do have a softer sidewall and you will notice a little more of "floaty" feeling when you're going pretty quick through turns. The problem I have found with the Invo's is that last 5% when you're really running hard in some twisties. You really notice the soft sidewalls and it can feel really spooky when pushing hard. If I'm able to keep the revs above 4,500 and keep good driveline pressure on the tires, they are pretty predictable (though still not as confidence inspiring as the PS2's). It's when you're not really keeping them loaded, that they can bite you. Obviously you don't ever want to lift in corner, but these make it a lot worse. Even low RPM, fast corners make the rear want to come around on me.

The more I'm getting into corners and thinking about road track time, the more I wish had the PS2's.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also have the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire. You may want to look into that.

OP
OP

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The others I was also looking at the nittos nt05 but they don't make a 345 19. Also it seems that I would have to loose the 295 18 front in most of the available tires. I would Like the Pilot Super Sports but again they are not made in the right size. What would be the real change in going down a little on the tire size?
Thanks,
Joshua

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cups are a decent track tire too, not quite as quick as maybe a set of Hoosiers or pure slicks, but they also are better to drive to the track on, and they will outwear most of their contemporaries.

I agree with Bill the Cups are a great track tire and a very good street tire why would you change? The car was designed around that tire. If you want to go faster on the track the Hoosier Rs have a softer compound at a treadwear rating of 40 instead for 80 on the Cups and true slicks are even faster with a 00 treadwear rating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang