ACR wing or clone

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you buy an ACR wing, one of the 06 Aeropackage wings, or a close clone anywhere. I've searched and can't find anything even close.

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found the Vipair wings. Are they wider than the "stock" ACR wing?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR wing is expensive unless you find one used on Fleabay. You might also check with JonB, PM me if you need his phone number. The ACR wing is wind tunnel tested and creates a lot of down force. It coupled with the front splitter is capable of generating over 1000 pounds of down force. Your suspension would need to be upgraded or the down force will flatten it like a pancake. So it really depends on what you want the wing for. If you want it for looks, buy a clone. If you want it for down force while tracking the car, go with the ACR wing and splitter but be prepared to upgrade your springs and shocks.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the 06 aero package wing and the ACR wing are completly different. ACR wing is wider.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Call Jon B at Parts Rack.

I just bought a new OE 2010 ACR wing with end plates and mounting brackets (on the underside of the wing) to replace the OE 2009 wing on my ACR. Jon had it painted to match perfectly including the red driver's stripe on the CF wing itself. As a track guy, the aero engineering behind the OE wing wss important to me in buying this wing. The results at the Nurburgring really show how Dodge improved the wing on the 2010; along with the revised 5th gear ratio.

I have compared the knock off wings with the OE wings. If you are serious, buy the OE wing.

If you are buying the wing for looks only and don't inspect it closely, it really doens't matter much.

Dan

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Jon B at Parts Rack.

I just bought a new OE 2010 ACR wing with end plates and mounting brackets (on the underside of the wing) to replace the OE 2009 wing on my ACR. Jon had it painted to match perfectly including the red driver's stripe on the CF wing itself. As a track guy, the aero engineering behind the OE wing wss important to me in buying this wing. The results at the Nurburgring really show how Dodge improved the wing on the 2010; along with the revised 5th gear ratio.

I have compared the knock off wings with the OE wings. If you are serious, buy the OE wing.

If you are buying the wing for looks only and don't inspect it closely, it really doens't matter much.

Dan
Whats the difference between the '09 ACR wing and the '10 ACR wing besides the end plates?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you look closely at the two wings side by side, the 2010 wing is very different in terms of the "Gurney Flap" or wicker bill and the shape of the end plates.

The 2010 wing "turns up" at the very back of the wing higher in the center, tapers off towards the ends, then turns up again at it gets to the end plates. The end plates, in addition to being shaped differently, are also vented.

Having driven my ACR on the track now with both wing configurations, the 2010 wing seems to make more "down force" with less drag. It also seems to add a bit more stability in high speed turns.

I have no data to back this up as it is all "seat of the pants" feel.

One thing I am pretty sure of, both OE wings would out perform a "knock off" wing at the track.

Dan

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the Vipair wings. Are they wider than the "stock" ACR wing?

Sctdev,

The Vipair wings are the same width as the ACR wings. All of our wings are with the ACRX end plates (made out of carbon fiber) and all our wings come with the new style gurney flap. A number of members here use our wings on the track and our wings perform just as good as any other.

Our wings also come with T6 aluminum wing mounts and wing stantions versus the cast aluminum factory mounts, so there is less chance of one of our wings flying off on its own as has been known to happen every once and a while with the fatigue happening on the cast aluminum mounts.

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!! I'm getting another VOI9 car with twin turbos, so track time is probably not in the picture. I really like the look of a Viper with a wing, so a clone will be fine. Too bad I can't find a real 06 aero wing, but it's not that important to me to be "factory correct".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32