ACRX Headers

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My set of fakes were NOT from ebay. They came from Mike, 99 R/T 10 who posted in the thread here early on he could make a good deal on a "one set only" of ACRX headers as the OP started this thread was looking for. If I had got these from ebay for $875, where the add CLEARLY stated they were ACRX "style" from a vendor who probably has no idea what an ACRX is, this would be a different story, more of an FYI to fellow Viper owners. BBG sells these for $2500 to $2700 depending on if he is running any promo's. Mike offered the set to me for $2200 because it was the only set he had left over from a Viper business that he bought out :dunno: and needed to move them. Sounded like a great deal to me to help move some inventory from a new VCA vendor and save a little money.

Mike has fully refunded my money and he had me send the headers back to Vipair. Mike claims he did NOT know they were fakes.

Funny, remember this...

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/634242-ebay-headers-warning-public-service.html

I guess he found a better Chinese manufature to make his.

And NONE of this would have even come to light, yet anyway, if they had not arrived at my home with a dent in the tube. If they would have come in without the dent, these would have probably been on the car real soon.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/643194-header-dent.html

Murray

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My set cost me $1500 from vipair, as far as i knew from the ad and conversation they were acrx and never used, ive often bought stuff never used it and sold later at a lower price, at the time i had conversed with belanger about getting a set from them, but i thought i was getting a bargain, not a knock off, plus it cost me £600 to sort out, not $600.. so in effect i paid $2400 + import duties of $250.

On the other hand, i fitted the aero exhausts to my stock headers and i must say, credit where credit is due, they are great.

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My set of fakes were NOT from ebay. They came from Mike, 99 R/T 10 who posted in the thread here early on he could make a good deal on a "one set only" of ACRX headers as the OP started this thread was looking for. If I had got these from ebay for $875, where the add CLEARLY stated they were ACRX "style" from a vendor who probably has no idea what an ACRX is, this would be a different story, more of an FYI to fellow Viper owners. BBG sells these for $2500 to $2700 depending on if he is running any promo's. Mike offered the set to me for $2200 because it was the only set he had left over from a Viper business that he bought out :dunno: and needed to move them. Sounded like a great deal to me to help move some inventory from a new VCA vendor and save a little money.

Mike has fully refunded my money and he had me send the headers back to Vipair. Mike claims he did NOT know they were fakes.

Funny, remember this...

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/634242-ebay-headers-warning-public-service.html

I guess he found a better Chinese manufature to make his.

And NONE of this would have even come to light, yet anyway, if they had not arrived at my home with a dent in the tube. If they would have come in without the dent, these would have probably been on the car real soon.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/643194-header-dent.html

Murray

Looks like that we should be carefull more of VCA vendors rather than Ebay...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like that we should be carefull more of VCA vendors rather than Ebay...

Just going to chime in one time on this. The error in representing the headers to VicTxV10 was mine and mine alone. I miss-understood what I purchased and in no way should anybody else be blamed. I thought I had a set of ACR-X headers(again, my mistake). As soon as it was brought to my attention, I immediately sent a refund check(next day fedex) and apologized for the error. The mistake was mine and mine alone. It won't happen again.

I do think there is a bit of a witch hunt going on, it really needs to stop. Some of the vendors out there are trying to come up with new, better, quality products. Give them a chance to grow.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand, i fitted the aero exhausts to my stock headers and i must say, credit where credit is due, they are great.

I'm anxious to hear a sound clip of those with headers.
I'm running Belanger w/ HF cats but kept the stock mufflers for now, untill I hear something with a deep mellow rumble and no drone.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just going to chime in one time on this. The error in representing the headers to VicTxV10 was mine and mine alone. I miss-understood what I purchased and in no way should anybody else be blamed. I thought I had a set of ACR-X headers(again, my mistake). As soon as it was brought to my attention, I immediately sent a refund check(next day fedex) and apologized for the error. The mistake was mine and mine alone. It won't happen again.

I do think there is a bit of a witch hunt going on, it really needs to stop. Some of the vendors out there are trying to come up with new, better, quality products. Give them a chance to grow.

99 R/T 10,

With all do respect, if you consider the fact that Vipaire has purchased products from many vendors under false pretense (Stating: I want to be a distributor of your fine products) American Racing Headers, Chrysler Viper Products ACRX - ACR, Bad Boyzz Garage, Belanger, MM, just to name a few and to turn around re-package all these products at the same time and ship via Fedex to a Chinese Manufacturer is developing a product? I call it product theft, plain and simple.

"Buyer Beware" applies Big Time when a vendor is stating OEM replacement and ACR-ACRX Aero Packages and High Performance bolt on's at speeds in excess of 100 MPH!! My question to you Vipaire is simple and should be answered to help the VCA member understand what they are being offered by your company. Will these products hold up or fall apart at speed? Where was the testing done? By whom? Who is your manufacturer so people can investigate their quality control and see if they have any outstanding lawsuits or major complaints? Show the VCA members your data!! Come out from the insulation of waybills, vendors and obvious pollsters Mr. Fleabag.

To clarify on a few more points you are attempting to spin, you either knew what you sold to a fellow VCA member, or you as well were duped by Vipaire and were used as an insulator for him to hide behind. As far as witch hunt goes you could of put a spot light light on the whole situation days ago, instead you chose to have your post deleted. Interesting move for a site supporter?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:
http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/61753

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 R/T 10,

To clarify on a few more points you are attempting to spin, you either knew what you sold to a fellow VCA member, or you as well were duped by Vipaire and were used as an insulator for him to hide behind. As far as witch hunt goes you could of put a spot light light on the whole situation days ago, instead you chose to have your post deleted. Interesting move for a site supporter?

Just to answer your post, I never asked to have any of my posts deleted.

It was my mistake, no one "duped" me. I corrected it. I should have said something earlier, End of story.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me the add is somewhat misleading. Yet it does not say BBG series but, when wone reads ACRX race headers one would assume( that dreaded word) that it would be the real deal. As always buyer beware.

madbrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see what the genuine ones look like.
please post pictures of the spike and the quality of the ports so we know what to look for.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm nice discussion...

When I look at the pics I wouldn't dare putting them on my car, doesn't seem much like an "upgrade" to me.

But I am quite qurious how it worked out for TrotzViper who mounted them.

I guess Chinese knock off's "could be" the same quality, but I don't trust stuff coming from there and I want to have the "premium" feel. I think what you pay is what you get.When you pay for cheap Chinese workers, it's cheaper as paying well studied American workers, this translates into the quality. And there is the service issue.

I drive the Viper for speed, looks and sort of premium/ supercar feel, I could also buy the much cheaper, but maybe equally fast Chinese version, but that doesn't feel right.
Same on the headers, Premium Viper with Chinese junk on it, makes "narrow loooking American muscle" instead of "real american muscle".

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the "Real ACRX Headers" and the Knock-Off's. My comment would be "Just because you say ACRX, It doesn't make it So". Chrysler demands only the highest quality performance products when out sourcing for the Dodge Viper!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER :usa:

ARH - Dodge Viper ACRX =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Headers with Race Merge - Factory Installed (OEM) :usa:

ARH - Dodge Viper ACRX =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Headers with Race Merge - Factory Installed (OEM) :usa:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock-Off's

Knock-Off's

Knock-Off's

Knock-Off's

Last edited:

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that the performance on the real deal is better because they don't cut the 5 pipes to about half the size but keep them round and let the gas flow.

So actually the knock off's are only a bad copy...somebody search for a Chinese with some glasses and let him weld some A quality copies! ( joke )

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send Dogg after Vipaire.

You must be registered for see images

madbrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
attn TODDY

Can you please post a clear photo showing the quality of porting and gasket face on your headers as your photos only show the chinese headers ports

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, mine were better welded at the flange, and had a longer spike....mine were no way like those chinese pics you displayed, maybe they are all crap

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look like nice welds to me.

im sure BBG makes a better header and better performing one but that does not look bad. it going to help. id love to see a back to back dyno comparison on BBG and chinese knockoffs

and didnt dipapa buy a set of ACRX from BBG and within 3K miles had trouble with the flange ? theres a case where made in the US didnt help
yup...
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/642258-built-motor-update.html
Just got back from some Built motor verification testing at A&C.

The Build motor has 2000 miles. Few weeks back I got a real bad header leak, no biggie... so I took it down to Todd for a looksy.

Ive heard the American Racing headers are not very plane and likely not internally stress relieved post fab cause the headers flange got real warped.

Anyway with header leak fixed and while at shop, figured it be a good time for a health check on the new built motor.. pull valve covers, inspected/changed plugs, changed couple fluids and such. Everything with motor looked ****!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackAire
How many miles were on the rebuild until the headers started to leak?

Cheers,
George

The 1 3/4" - 3" AR headers were new to go along with the new built motor. So both headers & motor were brand new at same time. So the motor & headers had 1800 miles before the header leak.
It was fixed. Passenger side header removed, flange shaved flat, re-installed.
sounds like similar quality to the chinese headers to me. wonder how many other guys bought them and had issues but havent spoke up ?

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing for sure American Racing Headers are American made by hopefully Americans. I think it's just makes more sense that we buy American products than China's. We already sold most of our mfg. to overseas companies. We all should support the American workers. True things would cost a bit more but if you look at the big picture it's the right thing to do. IMO... What goes around comes around..

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

im sure BBG makes a better header and better performing one but that does not look bad. it going to help. id love to see a back to back dyno comparison on BBG and chinese knockoffs

and didnt dipapa buy a set of ACRX from BBG and within 3K miles had trouble with the flange ? theres a case where made in the US didnt help
yup...
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/642258-built-motor-update.html
sounds like similar quality to the chinese headers to me. wonder how many other guys bought them and had issues but havent spoke up ?

I wouldn't get surprised if finally we find out that both mentioned headers were made in the same workshop...

:omg:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yup...

BBG respectfully had no involvement with Dimitri's high HP / NA build.

Also, I believe Sssammm had his headers re-welded.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE. INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy, I only remembered the thread and copied what was there. Are you saying dipapa didn't buy bbg or American racing headers? Maybe it was a different header he had flange issues with. Maybe it wasn't 2k miles when he had issues? I could be wrong but that's how I read it. I certainly didn't make that up and spam here.

Toddy. You should be thanking me for all this free advertising. Isn't that what this threadiest all about..lol

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy, the quality of your product has been proven in SRT testing (eg., [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EooDMj8UmSs[/media]) and on the racecourse. Don't get into a ******* contest with these guys, it just belittles the hard work you have done to make a great product. If someone wants to buy an inferior product, then its their call. They will get what they pay for. Just my 2c.

PS-The only thing I would post to prove whose headers they are is the brand label welded on the pipe. If anyone copies it and uses your name, they are committing fraud, plain and simple. If someone claims they are 'knowledgeable' about Viper products and 'thought' they had ACRX headers and yet it didn't have that label, then they are either the biggest goat of all time or they are being less than candid (to be kind).

Last edited:

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Viper ACRX Factory Headers :usa:

I have a set of ARH headers on my '09 Challenger SRT. I'm here to tell you that those guys at ARH which BTW *IS* and All American company, that their build quality and welding is absolutely second to none! ARH is just awesome, and that's no s**t ...

--FQB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21