Actual tests,lap times just around the corner now?

When do you think the real tests are going to happen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So now that car #1 has been sold,and folks can drive the Gen V on Forza..
You think the real tests are going to happen next? I would love to see SRT take the car to Laguna Seca,and see what lap times it can do!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the guys that would be setting those lap times are currently working/testing the GTS-R. I'm sure a couple of journalists will have a go in the test cars at some tracks when they get their hands on them. Hopefully the Stig gets his hands on it. The real one, not his stupid American cousin.

OP
OP
B

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the guys that would be setting those lap times are currently working/testing the GTS-R. I'm sure a couple of journalists will have a go in the test cars at some tracks when they get their hands on them. Hopefully the Stig gets his hands on it. The real one, not his stupid American cousin.

I would like to see Randy Pobst have a go at it..

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that car #1 has been sold,and folks can drive the Gen V on Forza..
You think the real tests are going to happen next? I would love to see SRT take the car to Laguna Seca,and see what lap times it can do!

I'm not sure if this is true but I think I read it on here...when the person bought vin#001 they will get the first actual "production" model off the line not the car that was at BJ. All the cars running around now are test mules.

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is true but I think I read it on here...when the person bought vin#001 they will get the first actual "production" model off the line not the car that was at BJ. All the cars running around now are test mules.

You are correct as per what they said on BJ before the car was auctioned off...

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if Forza is any indicator I won't be holding my breath. It really does appear Ferrari wasn't about to allow the underling Viper to surpass it's high price exotic lineup. SRT will never admit it but I am really beginning to think that's what happened.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if Forza is any indicator I won't be holding my breath. It really does appear Ferrari wasn't about to allow the underling Viper to surpass it's high price exotic lineup. SRT will never admit it but I am really beginning to think that's what happened.

SRT did admit it. Watch the unveiling video again. If I have to guess, the new Viper will be fairly even with the Gen IV ACR. Where it lacks in total down force, it does have better aerodynamics and more power. I would be surprised if there was much of a difference.

As far as Ferrari is concerned, the Viper should be able to handle the F12, but it would be close. It is the F70 that it is in the works that SRT would not be allowed to out perform.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT did admit it. Watch the unveiling video again. If I have to guess, the new Viper will be fairly even with the Gen IV ACR. Where it lacks in total down force, it does have better aerodynamics and more power. I would be surprised if there was much of a difference.

As far as Ferrari is concerned, the Viper should be able to handle the F12, but it would be close. It is the F70 that it is in the works that SRT would not be allowed to out perform.

Lol The F70 is going to do 0-60 in 2.5 and go 250 MPH. I don't think SRT could out perform it if they tried lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari told them to that the new viper can't perform better than the new F12. Ralph said later that his comment on the unveiling was a was a joke, I feel it wasn't. But hey I'm really not stressing over it, if its the only way that Sergio would approve the new Viper then I'm not complaining.

In the Top Gear (I think it was top gear) magazine Sergio also told Ralph that if they want a new viper that the interior has to be well designed as well. Alot of these requirements were probably set for the new viper if they wanted it to come back. Im just happy there's a 2013 viper and that it looks amazing.

But back to the post topic I hope we get some track times soon and a British Top Gear review.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang