adding a rb1 and sirrus

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2010 acr and want to add a Rb1 and sirrus. If I buy the unit with gps antenna do I need anything else or do I need a add on sirrus box. Thanks,
Joshua

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2010 acr and want to add a Rb1 and sirrus. If I buy the unit with gps antenna do I need anything else or do I need a add on sirrus box. Thanks,
Joshua

You also need to add the Sirius receiver, which has its own antenna. That receiver comes with a long harness and can be installed remotely, e.g. in the trunk.

I placed the GPS antenna on top of the RB1 housing in the dash, and that works fine. I put the Sirius antenna on top of the trunk frame so that it's under the trunk lid. It "sees" right through the plastic trunk lid.

Be sure to get the latest rev of the RB1 that you can find. And beware of the cheap nav DVDs available on the web. Mine only worked reliably when I bought the "real" nav disc.

Bryan

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the latest RB1 is p/n P56038629AI they started with AA and I believe the last one is AI

I have an AG and it's very fussy. Locks up whenever you shut the car off and then restart within 5 minutes...

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have an 06, and it had the regular radio, and it said sirius but i never called to connect it, now i put a rb4 and it plugged right in, can i use the sirius with this one ?, or did'06 vipers did not have satellite radio?, sorry for hijack, and thx for any info.