adjustable clutch pedal?

Wildcat767676

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an 04 and only the brake and gas move, not clutch. Any ideas on making clutch pedal come forward? I have short legs! :)

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
don't know about 04, but the 06 and 08 have a toggle type swith under the steering column to move the clutch.

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 04 and all three pedals adjust.
seems that they move on a rotating, threaded bar. you might see if it has manualy been adjusted off the bar.

OP
OP
W

Wildcat767676

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got under the dash and noticed the cable spins to the clutch adjuster but the threaded bar doesn't move. It does seem to be adjusted as far forward as possible though, so I guess there's no point fixing it as it won't help me much. I picked up a race pedal set and bolted two together to make an adjustable height pedal though today. It actually worked pretty damn well I must say. I was able to move the seat back a ways and it really opened up the cabin space for me. It doesn't look really exotic but it works for now.

Has anyone else tried anything like that? While I was down there I also noticed why my clutch pedal seemed to have so much play too. The rod attached to the pedal that pushes the clutch master cylinder was not attached completely, it had slid off to the side. Looks like some piece of plastic or a clip that holds it in place has broken. Is this common?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got under the dash and noticed the cable spins to the clutch adjuster but the threaded bar doesn't move. It does seem to be adjusted as far forward as possible though, so I guess there's no point fixing it as it won't help me much. I picked up a race pedal set and bolted two together to make an adjustable height pedal though today. It actually worked pretty damn well I must say. I was able to move the seat back a ways and it really opened up the cabin space for me. It doesn't look really exotic but it works for now.

Has anyone else tried anything like that? While I was down there I also noticed why my clutch pedal seemed to have so much play too. The rod attached to the pedal that pushes the clutch master cylinder was not attached completely, it had slid off to the side. Looks like some piece of plastic or a clip that holds it in place has broken. Is this common?

It's not "COMMON" but there's a thread on it if you search.

Ted