adjusting/ settings for acr kw shocks

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just purchased a set of acr kw shocks.

for any acr/ track users

whats the ideal compression and rebound for front and rears?
the manuals say c13/r18 but track at c6/r6 thats a huge difference. anyone found a happy medium for track and street?

also since the shocks have never been mounted before, how do i know the height?

manuals say Front:
One turn = 0.104 in. (2.6 mm) height change at frame
Rear:
One turn = 0.134 in. (3.4 mm) height change at frame

but if its never been mounted before, where should i start?

i want to get to
Front: 4.375 in. (111 mm)
Rear: 5 1/2 in. (140 mm)

i will have the car realigned after i swap out the shocks myself

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it all depends on your driveing style and and how fast your are- set it up for the manual ways and tweek from there- its a overall happy medium

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind the OEM rear springs on the ACR shocks are designed for the downforce of the rear wing; for a standard car you will want lower spring rates in the rear.

I would just spin the adjustment collar until it starts compressing the spring, then gently lower the car down (quick mount the wheel with 4 lugs at 80% torque) and make a ride height measurement. If you're good it will take two-to-four tries to get it close, then set the other side the same. It sometimes takes a few days and some driving to settle new coilovers completely, so I would expect a little more drop than you initially have (around an additional eighth-inch drop after fully settled over time/driving). It's important to have a level pad to make these ride height adjustments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960