Advice needed – on Western Union scams against Viper owners and others

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sick and tired about Western Union involved in scams against Viper owners and others. There were a number of posts, mainly warnings on our site.
But, guess – my young son did not know about these scams. He bought outside eBay, transferred $1010 through Western Union and got nothing. Please, do not criticize him - he still believes in the system – too young.... The main point is - he was not warned by a representative on a potential scam. I’ve just learned they have to warn people (as a result of alost lawsuit with the Washington State in 2005.)
Anybody was able to successfully deal with Western Union and got money back? I need an advice on how to pursue this case successfully. Thanks a lot.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hate to say it, your son probably wont get his money back. Just take it as a lesson learned

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sick and tired about Western Union involved in scams against Viper owners and others. There were a number of posts, mainly warnings on our site.
But, guess – my young son did not know about these scams. He bought outside eBay, transferred $1010 through Western Union and got nothing. Please, do not criticize him - he still believes in the system – too young.... The main point is - he was not warned by a representative on a potential scam. I’ve just learned they have to warn people (as a result of alost lawsuit with the Washington State in 2005.)
Anybody was able to successfully deal with Western Union and got money back? I need an advice on how to pursue this case successfully. Thanks a lot.

if he still believes in the system, that they will get his money back!! then I know why he got took. What was he buying from the guy in Africa who has a sick mother who is a millionaire and would like to give you some of that wealth

OP
OP
P

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention – the receipient got the money in Floryda. So, it’s Virginia to Floryda transaction. The police are working on the case but do not give any hope. I would like to go after WU for not issuing a warning. I hope the police can get a tape with recorded conversation.

Any advice???

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention – the receipient got the money in Floryda. So, it’s Virginia to Floryda transaction. The police are working on the case but do not give any hope. I would like to go after WU for not issuing a warning. I hope the police can get a tape with recorded conversation.

Any advice???

Yes, It's spelled Florida.

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been a Viper scam involving the same car going on for at least 4 months now on Auto Trader and Autoextra.com. I notified both of them about it but never got a return e-mail or phone call. The same car has been listed for anywhere from $16,000 to $24,000. I think the sites that allow these to keep being advertised should be responsible as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960