AFR Gauge Installation

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the best location to pick up the signal input to an AFR gauge? Thanks :usa:

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auto-Meter Phantom Air/Fuel gauge. Instructions say to tap into the output of an O2 sensor.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe told me the black wire on the O2 sensor.

I found it easier to tap at the wire harness connector at the PCM. I tapped both lf/rt then I wired them to an A/B switch selector so I can check AFR at either side.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe told me the black wire on the O2 sensor.

I found it easier to tap at the wire harness connector at the PCM. I tapped both lf/rt then I wired them to an A/B switch selector so I can check AFR at either side.

That sounds like a great idea. Can you give me the pin numbers, I have my shop manual loaned out? Thanks

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to rethink what your direction. The O2 sensors on the viper are not wideband (wb). The oem sensors are not accurate except at or near 14.7. You are far better off installing a wideband system, otherwise they are only eye candy and cannot be used for tuning.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to rethink what your direction. The O2 sensors on the viper are not wideband (wb). The oem sensors are not accurate except at or near 14.7. You are far better off installing a wideband system, otherwise they are only eye candy and cannot be used for tuning.

I'd definitely go with JackB's advise.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the best location to pick up the signal input to an AFR gauge? Thanks :usa:
Shelby I agree with the others, a wideband A/F monitor is a must with the mods your running. Feed the signal into the VEC2 and get some valuable data to optimize you setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness