Aftermarket Audio system. How do you...

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '98 Roadster that I decided needs a stereo upgrade. I'm turning my garage queen into a road warrior and felt this will only add to the enjoyment.

I have one basic question: In the Roadster, how do you run RCA wires back from the radio to the trunk where the new amp will be? I've taken apart the center console and the rear bulkhead only to realize there is no easy access. I really didn't want to (gasp) drill a hole through the steel bulkhead, run wires around the rear wheel well and through the 'glass trunk (drilling second hole near the battery), but I can't seem to find a better way. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Joe
'98 Rockin' Red Roadster

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't you just follow the path of the factory RCA's for the amps in the trunk?

-Matt

OP
OP
S

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have factory RCA's (or I'd use them). The only way for me to follow a factory harness would entail removing the rear quarter panel. Not an option...

I really didn't think it would be this difficult either.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In my 94, I pulled the interior panels out and ran cables through a small hole located on the passenger side of the cabin under the "sport hoop". There might be a little bit of rubbery tape hiding the hole. It's a bit of a tight fit but it works.