Aftermarket exhaust recommendations?

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my '00 RT/10...Don't even know where to start! What are some of the more popular ones, and why?

Also, does "Snake-Oyl" products have a web site? Anyone know the URL? Thanks

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
What are your hopes and expectations in changing the exhaust and how much do you want to spend? Minimize resonance, increase power, increase sound? Varity of exhausts out there that yield different things.

No web site for snake-oyl yet. just call them and get their new catalog. Snake-Oyl Products
A Div. of Collectors Choice Ltd.
6400 Springfield-Lodi Road
Dane, WI
PH: (608) 849-9878

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark I just bought a set of Balanger tri-y headers and complete 3" catback system for my 2000 RT from BTR. From the research I did I found this to be the best for sound and power, but it comes at a price. It is complete with all hardware headers to tips.
I am getting my motor back from Arrow next week and that's when I am installing them, will post results (dyno, track & personal comments).

Motorless Ron

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My main goal is to increase the sound a bit, but not so much that I tick off the neighbors. Increased HP is good, but secondary to changing the sound.

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I'm going to go with the Snake Oyl straight pipes...seems to increase sound "growl" without costing an arm and a leg-$575

Thoughts?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just removed the rear muffler. Replace it with straight pipes and used the stock tips. Made a BIG difference. You won't be disappointed.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta mention the 3" Borla cat back system that I have. It is a great start to a better sounding car. And it is the one DC sells (ie you can get it with a Mopar part number). I bought mine used and got a great deal (thanks luc!). Last time I looked there was one in the classifieds for $500. Too good a deal to pass up if you like the sound.

But I can't stress enough that you should go and listen to ANY exhaust yourself before deciding. "Good Sound" is VERY subjective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine