Aftermarket tunes...

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys, while perusing viper products, i saw ads for mail in tunes either via the ECU or a handheld.
they promised like 20-45 hp and eliminated the skip shift among other things.
i have a 2002 with headers, intake, exhaust and was wondering if these program tunes are any good and if they do as advertised.
thanks

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC and A&C are the 2 guys id definitely trust to do this kind of tuning but i really prefer the tuner to be in the car while tuning. its always going to net more HP and a better tune.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought an SCT from Unleashed tuning.
I searched around and I couldn't find a better deal than this. $349, INCLUDING 3 tunes. The tuner is a Viper owner named Torrie. After doing a lot of searching on this guy and finding nothing but positive comments from Mustang, Ford and Dodge forums, I decided to take a chance and ordered it. I asked him to include a 91, 93, and 94 Octane tune. I just told him what mods I have and he programmed it with them in mind. After receiving it, I downloaded the 93 tune and was not as impressed as I had anticipated. It started better, idled better, was smoother running, and felt to have more power, but just not what I had hoped. I then installed the 94 tune and went and filled up the car with 93 gas and a can of octane boost. OMG!! now THAT was what I wanted. Right from the first turn of the key, it fired up and sounded like a whole different engine. It sounds like I installed an after market cam. The RPM's are instant and smooth throughout the pull. The exhaust has a different tone in most RPM ranges too. The biggest change is throttle response. It's VERY touchy now at most any speed and gear. I took a pretty spirited back road drive and left it in 3'rd most of the time, just enjoying the pull coming out of the curves. I've owned the car for 5 years and this is one of the best mods for the price. I will be making a trip to the dyno soon to see what HP I have now and what the custom tune will provide.

Last edited by a moderator: