Ah, what a beautiful day in Kansas... (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, not quite as exciting as Colorado or the coasts, but we make do. :2tu: Start off by putting everybody where they belong: Behind you!

You must be registered for see images

And yes, that is a Ferrari F40. Had about six Ferrari's and eight Vipers show up, plus the required Lotus, a Porsche, and a Vette. Most left early, but the Vipers stuck around for a couple more photo ops:

So, threw a quick 120 miles on the beast today and had a blast. Great roads (fast straights and good curves), good food, and awesome company. The sun set on a great day here in Kansas!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that last picture of the SRT! Thanks for my new desktop wallpaper! :2tu:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Pics!!
I gotta say the Yellow SRT is SWEET!!! I hope to see one this year at Chucks BBQ or in Carlisle!!

Ed

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious - what's that venue?

University of Kansas in Lawrence. Where I will be sending my eldest and my money this coming fall...
You must be registered for see images attach

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures...Quote: "Start off by putting everybody where they belong: Behind you!" :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious - what's that venue?

University of Kansas in Lawrence. Where I will be sending my eldest and my money this coming fall...
You must be registered for see images attach

Cool - I spent an action-packed week in Manhattan, Ks (K-State) a few years ago but I've never been to Lawrence.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gorgeous shot and beautiful site. What was the temp that day or were y'all just being brave?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the kind of stuff I really like to see. A variety of bad a$$ cars all getting along and enjoying the day. Great pics ... :cool:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's one more. Chris, how do you get those behind type pictures? Do you make your lovely bride hang out the window or what?

5842KU_Vipers2.jpg

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, how do you get those behind type pictures? Do you make your lovely bride hang out the window or what?

Driver's side rearview mirror. Ironically, you can see examples of my miror shots all over the Net, like here: http://socal.viperclub.org/html/info.htm Granted, I didn't do the graphic or the movement, but that one was shot out of my GTS in 2001.

The new camera was a bit of a challenge, as it was tougher to see if it was getting in focus, especially when you are traveling at *** mph! :2tu:

Here are a few more "mirror shots" from yesterday's cruise:

Quite honestly, I think I like my old camera better for these shots, as it seems to be more "decisive" on focus. I haven't tried playing with the settings on the new camera much, but suspect I might be able to tweak it a little bit. Needless to say, manual focus is pretty much out of the question when you are shooting pictures and trying to drive at the same time... Oh yeah, and here are a couple that should be near and dear to your heart - can even see the grin when you zoom in!

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scarry. That's way too close.

I was just wondering since I know how fast you were going when those pictures were taken.
Pictureman

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time! Thanks for the pics Chris.

It was great to see you and Michelle yesterday too! And just so you didn't think I forgot you...

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time! Thanks for the pics Chris.

It was great to see you and Michelle yesterday too! And just so you didn't think I forgot you...

Thanks! Do you like my mean driving face? Looks like I have a Viper toilet seat installed. LOL

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you like my mean driving face? Looks like I have a Viper toilet seat installed. LOL

And from the look on Michelle's face (and the distance), I think you are right!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful. I lived in Lawrence for 4 years, many years ago. Actually just a few blocks from the bell tower (in the background) up on the top of the hill on Unversity Drive.

Looks like lots of fun. Wish we did not have the snow and salt here as the temps were okay for Vipering but not the roads.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and I used to sell peanuts in the stadium in the pic as well. Beautiful area. Much nicer than (boring and flat) Michigan!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron:

Until you mentioned it, I had completely forgotten about salt and chemicals on the road. The worse we have to deal with is rain, but it never rains here until sundown and by dawn, the morning mist has flown.

Camelot

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Chris I thought something was up with those pics! Not all vipers are right hand drive! :p Nice pics hope to meet with ya someday! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt, the guy with the yellow RT pictured, just sent me this one:

Strangely enough, this was an angle/shot I never even saw! It was when we were parked by the football field and the Jayhawk sign is actually on a tractor-trailer in the parking lot below. Cool!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one very nice looking SRT10 :2tu: even if I do say so myself. I just wish they ALL looked like that :2tu: .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wartymender