Alarm goes of randomly???

piper1112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a newly acquired 1996 GTS and everytime I lock the car and the alarm is set, it goes off randomly without a pattern. The first time it was on for approx. 20 hrs....the second time, last night after about 4 hrs, then the horn started honking. That sucked at 0300 hrs in the morning.
Any thoughts?:dunno:
Thanks Piper:beer:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If above recommendations don't solve the problem, ask a Viper Tech to check out your alarm system...especially your EEM...as I remember some of them being troublesome.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say check the switches as well. If a switch on the hood or trunk is triggered, the dome light will come on correct? So, if you can just pull up on the items that open and see if your dome light is triggered, then there is your culpret. If you can't find anything triggering the dome light, then it is probably a problem with the alarm unit. :(

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would normally tell you to call Chuck Tator, but the alarm on my 93 is giving him nightmares right now so he may call you a few names and hang up :D

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Majority of the times, it is the hood switch that Dave suggests you check first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte