Alarms

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I have one installed in my car. It was the VIPER 850 or something. It is pretty neat because you can turn on the voice and once a person steps to close or tries something, it will alert you on your key fob as well as tell them:

"STEP AWAY, PROTECTED BY VIPER"

I find it really funny since it is installed on a Viper.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a Viper piggybacked to the stock alarm. It is a Viper 3000 and pages my remote transmitter if the alarm goes off. Get a good installer.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a clifford something that has a fob that tells me when there is an incident, beep, light, or vibrate. works really far away. i have it attached to a black widow cell reciever 8$/mo service. It sends a text message to my cell phone when the alarm goes off. for liek 100$ you can add a sensor that only chirps when people get too close like when someone is opening a door near the viper etc.

i only added an alarm because i drive it everywhere & park in places where i cant see it 100%.

one thing to note is that the door poppers/locks only have 1 wire in for both lock and unlock. there is rare times that the stock alarm stays armed even though the aftermarket one sends it a disarm signal and the doors stay locked. to unlock them you need to press unlock on the factory alarm. so you need to carry your stock alarm fob in adition to the aftermarket one.

the viper interrior is really simple with good access to the fuse block but i would make sure you get a good installer. have them hard wire a valentine one detector at the same time as well as the other stereo work just to save from having the pannels pulled off multiple times.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best I've seen is the Crimestopper RCM-3000. I bought two of them, have them on each vehicle.

It is just a add-on to an existing alarm, consists of just the pager and the control unit; the control unit splices into the leads for the existing sensors and learns their state without interfering with the stock alarm. It tells you on the display what set it off - door, hood, accessory block getting power (i.e., ignition jimmied), etc, as well as by making different sounds.

Only problem is that I think they discontinued it - I had to buy the last one online from a place out of Canada. It was something like $80 or so, and well worth it.