Alignment for lowered cars???

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I have a mustang but bear with me...

I have gone to several places in the last few weeks looking for somewhere to do an alignment for me. My car is lowere about 2- 2.5", and everyone keeps throwing me out saying they wont do it. I know a lot of you have lowered cars, so where have you guys been able to get alignments??? I live in North/Central Jersey if you have any suggestions in my area.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the wrong area but I would think that any race shop that does alignments would be able to do the job or let you know if they can't get it into specs. Some suspensions you can't get into specs if the cars are lowered too much as there is only so much adjustment available. I can't advise on a Mustang. MGH

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Tried to take my lowered GTS to 2 big dealers in the Dallas area.. and both couldnt or didnt want to try and get it on there rack... I ended up taking it to a shop where I had my Cuda done at. They have a Pit so there was no problem getting it on the rack...

Turbo50Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on now...Bring it up to Chuck Tator. He did mine, but I only dropped it one inch.

I will warn you, though. When I lowered mine and took it to him for the alignment, he said I really didn't have much adjustment left - so if the car ever got into an accident, or if I lowered it MORE, he probably wouldn't be able to get it right. So not sure if your 2" drop is going to leave him anything to work with.

Good luck.

MJB

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is a Ferrari dealer near you, take it to them. I have a 350Z with a very "snowplow" like aftermarket bumper that has just under 4" of clearance. Ferrari of Washington did my alignment with no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi