Alignment

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need some advise.

I was looking for specific Ride Height and Alignment Angle information. Can anyone provide specific information? I am assuming dialing in all of the negative camber possible is not a good idea.

I have a 1997 GTS with Koni's, Eibach lowering springs, spring caps. Also currently installing Stop-Tech big brake kit and have GEN III/IV wheels and tires (6-spoke).

I plan on spending time at the track (currently trying to make it to Sebring in Jan.) Will also drive the car on the street but will trailer the car to the track.

Thanks in advance.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of it will depend on what you plan on doing, road course setup is slightly different than autocross or a street car that does everything once in a while. Once you know what you plan on doing with the car I agree with "plum's" advice, contact someone who has something similar, they can tell you what they do and don't like about it.
For instance on my Gen 1 car we had -2.5 camber in the front, it did very well on getting into corners but wore the street tires out on the inside after about 5k miles, to me it was worth it as I enjoyed track and auto crossing it more that way, it with the aggressive alignment on the rear too also helped reduce it wandering in road ruts caused by trucks.
If your car is primarily a street car, then you would likely want to be closer to -1.3, to reduce the wear. Best thing you can do it talk to people in your local club that have experience doing what you want as if they don't know directly, they probably know someone who has the advice.
Hope that helps, good luck!

OP
OP
N

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12 had recommended something similar -1.5 on the fronts and -0.5 on the rears.

I think I will start there with an eye towards corner weighting as well.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then corner weighting it is gonna be a challenge. Still possible but not easily and probably not optimum. Get yourself some height adjustable shocks. Not cheap but if you're tracking it will be one of your best investments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery