All Viper owners

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has valid points here. I know at 19(1973)I wasn't ready for a Viper. I had a 69 Lemans (350 4 speed) when I was 16. Bought it myself, I worked. Bought my first new car a 1975 Trans AM. First one in my area. I drove crazy took lots of chances, drag raced on the roads etc. I'm alive today many friends weren't so lucky. Roads are much more crowded today. Get your education, wait a few years and then buy one.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of all the cars I've owned......Viper without a doubt tops the cake for both performance,looks,the pure joy of ownership,you name it!
Just nothing like it on the planet...

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very few things make me smile as big as when I take the RT out and push the go pedal. Watching the scenery roll across its hood as I drive makes the rest of the world flat out go away. No regrets. I think it's time for a drive :)

OP
OP
V

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all relative. I aggree that you need a daily drive, because IF something should happen to the Viper, you don't want to have to fork over a few K to fix it. Buy some old mustang gt, camero, etc. for a daily and then get a older Viper and not only will the insurance be cheap, but you then have the luxury of not HAVING to drive it. I pay about $95 a month on full coverage insurance and I am 26 with a ticket a year :)
I don't regret buying, I do regret though not having enough cash on hand to SC it :)

Funny that you mention that, I'm currently driving a '91 Camaro and it seems like everytime I turn around, something goes wrong.

Anyway to answer all of your "current status" thoughts...

I'm managing a small retail store pulling in 30 grand a year. On top of that I'm studying to be a personal trainer. Money wise, I really do not have to pay for anything as of now because I'm still living at home, mooching of the parents as long as possible. :headbang:

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed our 95 RT/10 so much we bought a 00 GTS/ACR. We enjoyed both of those cars so much we bought a 03 SRT-10. Although they share the Viper name and some stying characteristics, they are all different and fun cars in their own ways. We still have the three of them and I hope to keep them all. I have not regretted owning any one of them. They are some of the best automotive decisions I have made.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youth is worth a lot more than money. There are many ways to get money, but you can't get back youth. When I was younger, there were a lot of things I wanted to do (like race motocross). I was fiscally responsible and waited. Now I am 40 and am simply to old to be competitive. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING. I think you should be much more careful in how you 'spend' youth than how you spend money. Sure, you can be rich when you are 50 if you are careful, but too old to use it on a lot of things. Having said that...

Having/driving nice cars can easily be done when you are older. All I'm saying is, if there are things you like to do or are interesting in that require youth, don't put them off for monetary responsibility sakes.

OP
OP
V

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I see it this way. If I were to buy a Viper right now, I would want to buy a used one. I'm going to have to hold off on it. I'm not saying buying a used one is bad or anything but I have bought 2 used cars and I have had nothing but problems with them. Usually only small stuff but that still add's up. Plus, I want it to be all my car and not have the thought of it having a previous owner. I figure when I buy this I want to make it my daily driver (except in the winter). For the winter I have my 1991 Chevy Camaro, and if I get board with it I'll drop a bigger v8 in it (the 305 is really getting tiard). That can be my bad weather and all winter car. I think it would also benefit me much more if I held off until I'm 24 and my insurance rates go down. By that time I should have a small apartment, plus with all the insurance money I saved I can always get some mods for my Viper. I would also like to see what the new coupe looks/performes like for 2005. You never know, I may have a spare $80-something grand laying around. By that time I will be a certified trainer and I will also have my other job. Well that's the plan and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Just remember that the only problem with it being a daily driver is where to park it and the weather. That is the only problems I had and as a result it turned into my nice weather daily driver where parking was available. Also can get expensive with an oil change being about $125 each 3,000 but it is all fun. I managed 15,000 the first year and 7,000 this year so far. Still have a daily driver too. HAVE FUN!

OP
OP
V

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really never gave any thought about parking it. Now that I do, I guess a lot of people will crowd and there will be those who are jealous. Have you had any unfortunate incidents? And how much attention do you really get in one of these?

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You may not be feeling well.
I would suggest 2 advil and early to bed.
You will forget about this in the morning.
:usa:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon:

I am here if you need any help with anything about the car. Now honestly this car does attract A LOT of attention. When I park my car I have to be careful. Where I live it attracts attention but not as much because I have driven it for a while but when I first got it, the crowds were crazy. It is still like that when I go to places. People just walk up to it and look. I hang out with a few of my friends with Ferrari's (355, 360, 550, etc.) all the time and my car usually get most of the looks. Now if someone dislikes you there can be a problem. Keys are not your best friend.

Now when I am driving on the highway, MAN do people LOOK at this car. It is pretty funny actually. The funny part is that I bought this car for myself and not the showoff factor. I never thought it would be this bad but hey I am not complaining./

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for unfortunate accidents, here is a list:

- A woman backed into me without looking in her rear-view mirror.

-Kids threw spitballs at my car

-A few people on a few occassions follow you to your house
Get smart and watch the follows. Only one made it to my house. Others were left in the dust. But the one that made it to my house turned out to be pretty cool. DAMN was I lucky!

-Signs on the car (how small is your d***?)

-Bad looks because you have a better car than many people

And that is all I can remember now. Many people in my area hate me but it does not bother me. I am enjoying life and that is what life is about. The other jealous people that try to make your life a pain (even cops hate me with a passion), get no respect from me.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't finance a car and get yourself into debt. Buy the nicest you can with cash.

Actually, I had a 1995 C4 corvette before the viper, and that's a very nice car for a young guy. You could get a nice one too for around $15,000. Don't try to get the absolute best, fastest car right away, or you'll have nothing to look forward to.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Andy. Start off slow and move up. Let me know what happens. Keep me updated. I always like hearing about young people buying their cars.