Aluminum Low Profile Jack for $199

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken...I actually went to the Harbor Freight place here in Phoenix to look at that jack before buying one. I saw one at COSTCO not long ago that looked VERY similar to it, but it was more money and I didn't buy it...all billet alum...and high quality throughout. Then I saw the one at Harbor and I had to stare at it for quite some time to try to figure out if it was the same jack. I don't believe it is. I think it's a copy of the one they had at COSTCO, but I could be wrong. Can't say how it would hold up or much more about it since I decided not to buy it. I think if they come back to COSTCO, I'll get one. pete the XGGuy still happy with his wood "ramps" for $8.00

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got it in this week. The deal I've been looking for. My buddy that bought the Costco jack a couple of months ago was so tickled with his 349.00 purchase is now PO'ed at this buy. It's an excellent cast and milled solid aluminum jack. 37 lbs., 3.5" min. height, 3000# capacity, 10 pump, full sized racing jack for 199.00. It's for real.
yesnod.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4x4Viper:
So where will you all carry the slick aluminum jack onboard now? under the hood, in back, or?

Are you really ready for hauling it around for road or track use, or is it just to put into the dining room?
http://www.ucoatit.com/art/image1_lg.jpg

Serious question, or is it just for the status of a trick jack?

Harbor Freight is a great place for tools, they even sell a 1/2 air impact wrench for about $199 that is supposed to sound just like the pro's in NASCAR or F1........my $19.99 air impact works just fine, and I'll still trust my steel 2 1/2 ton floor jack to lift a corner of my 6600 pound curb weight viper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Scottsdale Costco has the light weight, low profile jack. Saw it last night. Rated at 3000 lbs. $249 I think

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 09-13-2002 at 02:21 PM</font>

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Harbor Freight one about 2 months ago and like it. I paid $179.00 for the floor model.
It lifts my 6600 lb. Viper just fine!
laugh.gif
laughing2[1].gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, what's your point 4X??? I have a low profile jack that weights about 100lbs. It's a ******** ***** to lug this ******* thing to the track and back. A 37lb jack for $199 sounds great.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomer:
does it have a rubber pad on the jack saddle?[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh huh. Mine does.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Since no one jumped on Ken Melgozza and beat him senseless for mentioning that likely Chinese jack, I guess its safe for me to go get one.
supergrin.gif

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4X4 "Viper"......Just so you'll know, a jack to me is a TOOL, not an ornament to display. And most people with Vipers don't carry FLOOR JACKS in the trunk. Many Viper owners consider the lightweight and low profile jacks helpful in the garage, since the ground clearance is marginal. Relax, man.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
65bigfoot_viper.jpg
No, these jacks won't help you with your 4x4 Viper, and the rest of us may not stuff them in the trunk but we like the lighter weight to pick up and move around, the low clearance, pad cushion, and the efficient hydaulics.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, I iz getting old, my back has funky discs, and I am getting old, and I forgot what I was typing................

Oh, yeh, I want one, cuz I am getting old, and my back is..............

OP
OP
G

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys.

Both my local Harbor Feights are out of stock, should get some early next week.

Anyone have any issues with the 3000lb (1.5 Ton) rating? Seems kind of low compared to my $39 3 ton jack.

Thanks,

Ken

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowering my car with my Sears jack is tricky. It is not easy to let the car down slowly (onto the jack stand or ground). Does this Harbor jack lower at a safe rate?

I've seen other Sears jacks drop quickly as well, so I'm not sure that it is defective or a design flaw.

Thanks

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TorQ ******:
Lowering my car with my Sears jack is tricky. It is not easy to let the car down slowly (onto the jack stand or ground). Does this Harbor jack lower at a safe rate?

I've seen other Sears jacks drop quickly as well, so I'm not sure that it is defective or a design flaw.

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to ask the obvious, but....

When you crack the valve open, do you open it until the car starts to drop, then close it slightly to control the decent?

This has always been necessary on any hydraulic jack I have ever used.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutritionkgzexoti