am I asking to much money for my 03?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sold my for a little more but it had the comfort upgrades - hf cats,corsa,dc flash,chromed hrims,late 03 so had red calipers..... the guy who bought it had done some research and liked the mods...that being said he was the only guy interested at that price....maybe u'll have more luck in the spring

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 1999 GTS last Sept after taking it to popular cruises in my area twice a week all last Summer. Too late for that now in Chicago though.

Though this doesn't apply to you, I will mention, since Viper owners are lamenting their ability to sell their cars, that it may be best not to tint your windows. That tint might hurt your ability to sell it to an out of state buyer.

Not every state has the same laws about tint, not everyone wants it, and from what I read online about it-it's almost impossible to get off.

Everything else being equal, tint could be a deal breaker causing someone to look at another car. I know I saw some that had rather dark tint that I would have passed on.

:dunno:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The market for used Vipers *****. Bend over as far as you are willing to go. OUch.

(BTW, do NOT sell for an 08, get a Roe and run 5 lbs. if you feel you MUST have more power. Just my 2c.)

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its called a recession. if you dont think we are in it already, your fooling yourself. get out if you must at whatever price the market pays. list the thing everywhere, not just here. good luck.

marky marc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 1999 GTS last Sept after taking it to popular cruises in my area twice a week all last Summer. Too late for that now in Chicago though.

Though this doesn't apply to you, I will mention, since Viper owners are lamenting their ability to sell their cars, that it may be best not to tint your windows. That tint might hurt your ability to sell it to an out of state buyer.

Not every state has the same laws about tint, not everyone wants it, and from what I read online about it-it's almost impossible to get off.

Everything else being equal, tint could be a deal breaker causing someone to look at another car. I know I saw some that had rather dark tint that I would have passed on.

:dunno:

I don't know if tint has changed over the years or what. I had a car with illegal tint and I couldn't pass the inspection, so I tore it off right there at the location. when I got home I cleaned off the windows.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if tint has changed over the years or what. I had a car with illegal tint and I couldn't pass the inspection, so I tore it off right there at the location. when I got home I cleaned off the windows.

i'm not sure what tint he is referring to either. mine is illegal in the eyes of the state of IL, but if i wanted it off, i could peel it off both windows in a couple minutes max.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Timing and location are everything. Being in Chicago, you are in the worst time to sell a Viper. In the past, prices and sales bottom thru about February. Price sounds reasonable based on the extra's and the only negative as compared to other Vipers would be the 19k miles as there are a lot of garage queens out there. Are the tires original as those are getting close to needing replacment as well which costs around $1700.

If you really want to move it now - you only have one other option, and that is to take a beating and drop your price.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so, but I'm biased. LOL

The time of the year can be a big thing like others have posted, it can limit you to only the non-winter states for buyers, i bought my 03 at about this time of year which probably saved me $2K at the time. See what Bill says, he's of the Viper gurus here.

Best of luck.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its called a recession. if you dont think we are in it already, your fooling yourself. get out if you must at whatever price the market pays. list the thing everywhere, not just here. good luck.

This may be a factor. Right now there are 150 Vipers for sale on Ebay, usually there are around 100.

There are also 1500 Corvettes for sale and are usually around 1000.

Looks like alot of people are unloading their toys.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worst time of the year to sell.....people are going into hock buying STUFF for Christmas. Wait till the weather changes and you will get more.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gosh, that price seems attractive - you've got to think it will sell quickly when the weather breaks. I had no idea one could buy an SRT-10 for under $50k. Good luck on the sale.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The highest bids on completed auctions in the last 30 days for '03s has been 41-42K. eBay has been soft on many exotics lately. Not that vehicles are not worth more but, they are not bringing it on eBay and a large number of people look at ebay to determine the market (outside of dealer purchases).