Am I the only one who thinks that $100 is too much for VCA membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Black Mamba...I'm going to be in Louisville this weekend. Have i met you before? I'm thinking of taking my Viper up. If ya got time maybe we can meet up. I go to K and L Customs a lot.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Thanks Jon_B, I would like to go ahead and join now then. I'll check out the IN/KY site for info. Problem is I'm going to have surgery this Thursday and will be in the hospital until after X-mas, so if I can't get it done by then (Wednesday) I'll have to wait till I recover early next year.

ab - not sure, maybe we met at one of the events (could it have been the "Street Rod Nationals"). I'm committed today to Holiday functions but maybe we could get together some other time.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Paul. Sorry to hear about your impending surgery...hope it is minor and all goes well. It is sobering things such as "surgery" that puts MUCH (including car club membership talk) in perspective. Do NOT worry about "membership" stuff, I will take care of the details for you...consider it done by tomorrow when VCA office opens.

On behalf of All your Brothers and Sisters in the Ind/Ky VCA we wish you a safe and speedy recovery...and a Very Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

Steve Fess Sec. Ind/Ky VCA

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello out there;

And now for something "completely different" for your $100 VCA membership! LIMITLESS PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPY! That's right, and it's true. Let me "wax philosopically" for a moment, please.

I logged onto this site many months before ever recieving my 98'RT-10 "Silver". Paint code PA-9, if I remember. There was such a delay with that color that people were going crazy, and the GT-2 run complicated things for delivery as well. I was kept well informed by many kind people on this site, and I wasn't even a VCA member yet.

Ah, but my life changed when I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma. After surgery, and during a year of physiacal therapy and "Interferon" injections, my kind, faceless friends here on this site would respond to my many Viper questions. I swear, I got through my treatment as well as I did because I was thrilled to learn all I could about my Viper. The people on this site are really an incredible bunch!

My $100 would have paid for one hour of counseling for the serious depression I was experiencing; instead, I recieved countless hours of enjoyment, comraderie, and knowledge...and I hadn't even joined yet!

This post isn't about being sorry for me, it is about benefits to be found here besides the quarterly and special events. So much knowledge is available from this kind group! How would we have learned about the sign-up for 03' certs so early? If we didn't have this site and the quarterly alot of people might have missed out. It's a great site, a valuable reference library, and a place to make friends.

Wishing you all happy and healthy Holidays!

Jim Wallace

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must admit I was afraid that when our regions dues (which were the lowest in the VCA....at $60)went to $100 we would loose members. Boy was I wrong, we went from the 11 members Jon B. mentioned to 65 today.

Those that make our regional events seem to enjoy them immensely, and yes they do cost something, so lets look at that question. Our last event was $60/person. What did the attendees get for $60? Breakfast, lunch and a Dinner banquet on Saturday, and buffet breakfast at the resort Sunday too, also all got a Johnny Lightning limited Edition GT-2 Viper. That was the "stuff", but what did they really leave with? Memories..... memories of getting stuck behind that Cushman coming of Queen Wilhelmena Mountain.... and memories of blowing out that "Cushman carbon" once we got past him, memories of the the two best mountain top views in the state, memories of visiting two unreal automotive collections, memories of a shop tour through one of the premier head and block manufacturers in the U.S. (Brodix), and to top it off all made new friends (heck I even got a few Christmas cards this year from some of the attendees)...

Do I wish all our members made the events? Heck Yes.... but we are trying to do things for those that can't make them too, we called many of our eligible members personally to remind them of the '03 certificate program, our officers are working on a nice Polo Shirt for members that renew.

Is $100 a lot.... yes, but not really, specially if you take advantage of what that $100 could give you. You'll save more than that for your VCA discount at Viper Days, we try to save you that $100 every year via the viperclub.org web site...... and every region does its darndest to give it back to its members in any way it can. Some have full color newsletters, some (like ours) simple B/W newsletters, some give enameled pins, some hold great events... we all try our best, and really hope we make the grade.

This year alone I attended fantastic events in Dallas, TX, Shreveport, LA and Hot Springs, AR.

I have belonged to a lot of car clubs over the years, and can say the following with experience, most of the events the VCA regions hold are equivalent to the NATIONAL events most clubs hold.

Next year? As Chris said, VOI will be worth it all by itself!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the fence> Maybe a little steep, but $100 a year, when you consider the info that comes along.....and I can't bring my computer into the Bathroom for reading. I waste way more than $100 on many things every week!

I'll stay a member....it's the price of having a Viper. The kids like the magazines also.

Andrew

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah hell I find it's not owning or enjoying the Viper with my local club that's expensive it's all the other things I like to do for fun that costs the B-I-I-I-G bucks!! Hmmm sharing the fun with a family of 6 adds up too
smile.gif

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPERMAD,
You were in Seattle,; I hope you were able to contact and get together with some of our great members in the area. I wasn't contacted, feel disappointed, kidding of course. Happy to hear you like the Seattle area; (did it rain??)
Later,

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year at this time we go through this discussion. What I have learned is that $100 is worth the price of admission!! I totally agree with Bryan Schillinger. The knowledge of some VCA members alone is worth countless $$$ and has certainly saved me $$$.

Come on BAKNBLK95RT, I'll give you $100 for your new rims (just so you can keep coming to the Sat meetings).
smile.gif
smile.gif

My thoughts - Pay the $100 and don't look back!!
smile.gif

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone who knows me personally would know that I'm a serious tightwad/cheapskate, but I pay the VCA dues without even thinking about it. (okay, maybe I just want a good value for my money).
You get your moneys worth!
All the best reasons have already been posted.
BURNOUT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.