American Stitches lost my steering wheel

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I've officially been burnt!! :mad:

I sent my OEM GTS steering wheel, with only 1800 miles (brand new) and shifter boot to American Stitches (http://www.american-stitches.com/) to have them recover them with a more exotic type of leather. The website looked very legit and I even spoke with the owners on the phone before I sent them the wheel. I just found out that the company went bankrupt and my steering wheel and shift boot are gone!! :omg: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apparently the company is operating under an new name Craft Customs same web address (http://www.american-stitches.com/). I received the following reply from Carter the owner...Carter was the owner of the previous company American Stitches.

" Unfortunately, I was never able to gain access back to the warehouse where
everything was stored as the bank has taken that over and all the assets
associated with the business are gone. Carter"

Carter has offered me no solutions!!! This goes to prove that not all companies advertising on-line can be trusted...regardless if I spoke to them or not. Needless to say I am now in need of a new steering wheel and shift boot. :(

Any way, just thought I would make everyone aware of this so they don't get burnt by this company.

Jason

V

Venomiss

Maybe some viper member who lives close to Rockwall, Texas could go contact these jokers in person for you......and get you some relief or give some advice on what could remedy this.

Texas members please chime in:)

Craft Customs
892 Steger Towne Rd., #59
Rockwall, TX 75032

214-564-1170 Near Dallas,Fate,
Mobile City, Lake Rays Hubbard, and Garland look closest to Rockwall

Last edited by a moderator:

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rally the posse! :D

Tried getting the name of the bank and the warehouse and contacting both parties to see if retrieving your property was somehow still possible? Maybe they haven't cleared the loser's possessions out yet. :dunno:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the support!!
You must be registered for see images

Carter, the owner, personal email is [email protected]

I am also a member of Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-G.net and have posted a thread on those sites. I already have members on those sites sending him nasty emails. :)

I've sent him an email with the link to this thread...Enjoy Carter!

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the support!!

Carter, the owner, personal email is [email protected]

I am also a member of Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-G.net and have posted a thread on those sites. I already have members on those sites sending him nasty emails. :)

I've sent him an email with the link to this thread...Enjoy Carter!

I posted the thread in the Texas forums for you: Come on Texas members!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockwall is right by the DFW area...there are PLENTY of folks who are members on this board and can make something happen...

Good luck!!!

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting the Texas posse may not be the best ideal...they still lynch people there

Hope this gets worked out for ya somehow...pita to have to shell out for replacements :mad:

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody else has asked... How did this Carter guy open ANOTHER business after going bankrupt???

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would dig further. Talk to the bank involved. The assets of the bankrupt company should not have included your property.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I honestly don't expect to get anything back. This is just a great learning lesson on my part. Apparently Carter knows nothing of my steering wheel or shifter boot being received. Go figure :dunno:

Here is Carters latest email to me:

"I agree that this is unacceptable, but completely out of my control. I have
never persoanally seen your steering wheel or gear boot, and new nothing of
it until you contacted me after the business was already closed. I had
hoped to do you a personal favor, and thought they would give me access back
into the warehouse, at which time I would have searched for your parts, but
they didn't. I am sorry and American Stitches is officially gone. Sincerely,Carter"

I am located in Canada and unable to do anything. I am very pleased with the support from the VCA members and thats all I can ask for. :headbang:

Cheers
Jason

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm "off" next week and live about 30 miles from Rockwall. I'll do some checking, perhaps with the bank first if you can get that information.

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

PM me with details, specifics of when you placed order, telephone conversations, etc. Be sure to give me enough identifying information to address to the bank execs.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, the new door is probably located at the other end of the same building! :omg:

As for how anyone got up and running again, the business could have been organized in any which way. The one company went under, the owner pulled the plug and opened a new company the next week. But this one is in Leona Helmsley's dog's name. :lmao:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is an email that I just sent Carter:

"Carter...this is in your control! I specifically spoke to John and we discussed plans for my steering wheel and shifter boot. I suggest you call him and he will tell you that it was received. Although John might not give a !@#$% and I'll still be out my steering wheel and shifter boot. Ask yourself this, why would someone from Canada be contacting you about a steering wheel that was sent to you???? I followed the written directions on American Stitches website on how to ship the item and return address, etc. I did everything as per your companies instructions!!!

I would like to think that you can make this correct but it appears that you are simply going to pass the buck and stick with the "American Stitches doesn't exist anymore story". Stay tuned for me comments on the web!"

Please note that "John" was an employee at American Stitches. For all I know he could have been part owner with Carter.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you send it to them via a FedEx or similar that required a signature to be received?

That would help move things forward quicker.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

PM me with details, specifics of when you placed order, telephone conversations, etc. Be sure to give me enough identifying information to address to the bank execs.

Hi All, I sent the package by Canada Post and I should have a Canada Post tracking number for this. I will try digging it up and then post the information for all to see. I'm pretty sure that Canada Posts website will show the date it was received, etc.

Thanks for all the assistance!
Jason

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I sent them my steering wheel and shift boot, I specifically made sure to include instructions on what I wanted and my return mailing address. I wrote this information on sheets of paper and stuck it in an envelope that I put inside the box.

I suspect that the box is still there with the paper work...but who knows. :dunno:

Cheers
Jason

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your property remains within your ownership. The bank can probably take what belongs to the company but I don't think they can make claim to anything else. If you have a receipt from the postal service and other information with recipts from American stitches the bank should have to give it up. Sounds like this guy is a scoundrel and might be selling things off as he opens up a new business. Check ebay. Call the police, and the states attorney.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent my OEM GTS steering wheel.. to American Stitches . I just found out that the company went bankrupt and my steering wheel and shift boot are gone!!
Any way, just thought I would make everyone aware of this so they don't get burnt by this company.

Thanks for your post ! I had contacted them last year about recovering a steering wheel. I had not followed through yet, but was about to start looking again. Does anyone know of a more reputable vendor for this kind of job?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Every theif in business always claims bankruptcy, thats just how they duck out from under their commitments.

The comment about lynching seems appropriate.

Better yet, find out who he banks with, and take the case up with them. I'm sure they would like Carter to return the steering wheel and boot, rather than see Carter's new business venture go underwater from negative publicity. That warehouse can be opened more easily than he's led you to believe.

Follow the money trail.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it looks like I misplaced the documentation for the shipment. :( I know that I sent the wheel and shifter boot in the fall of 06. I honestly trusted the company and didn't pay to much attention with keeping the documentation in a safe place. :omg:

All I can say is that I learnt my lesson. :mad: :dunno:

V

Venomiss

Well it looks like I misplaced the documentation for the shipment. :( I know that I sent the wheel and shifter boot in the fall of 06. I honestly trusted the company and didn't pay to much attention with keeping the documentation in a safe place. :omg:

Check with the company you used to send it: They may have your name in their records.
We do it here in with Fed EX all the time. Let us know!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How are you driving your Viper? Spare steering wheel?

Try these guys... can't vouch for them though:
http://www.stuttswap.com/stuttswap/recover.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I FOUND MY SHIPPING RECEIPT FOR THE STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFTER BOOT!!!!! :headbang:

Here are the details from Canada Post:

Item Number: CX139483545CA

Product Type: Expedited USA

Destination Address:
American Stitches
4420 Grisham Dr.
Rowlett, TX

Date 2007/01/08
12:43
ROWLETT, TX
Item successfully delivered to Receiver

2007/01/08
Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country

2006/12/31
14:40
MISSISSAUGA, ON
Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/12/27
20:59
LLOYDMINSTER, AB
Item accepted at the Post office

I will be emailing this information to Carter (owner of American Stitches now Craft Customs) to prove that he is a scumbag!!