AN APOLOGY TO THE VIPER FORUM READERS FROM ROBBIE AT ATRO RACING PRODUCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bonker:

AN APOLOGY TO THE VIPER FORUM READERS FROM ROBBIE AT ATRO RACING PRODUCTS

I am truly sorry for getting a lot of people upset on this forum with my comments regarding sims that are used to replace O2 sensors. Calling them "snake oil" was really stupid of me when I did not fully understand how they worked., Now I do thanks to some good people here who took the time to explain them to me, instead of bashing me at every turn, I now understand how they work, I thank you. I also apologize for being to overly aggressive and getting off of the subject of the many of the original posts, it will not happen again. I put in 16 hour days and am quite tired when I get to look at the forums and sometimes misread them. I know I have a bad habit of getting off of the original subject and I will try not to do that in the future. Everybody makes mistakes, me included. I am far from perfect, and I am man enough to admit that I screwed up when discussing the sims that take the place of O2 sensors and I am sorry. I had never heard of them before, we never used them in NASCAR. Everything is "old school" in NASCAR as they do not allow any electronics besides that of the ignition systems on the car or engine. I was wrong to call them "Snake Oil" as I have been educated in there use and there are people using them successfully. I have worked on emission cars for many years but when it comes to modifying electronic cars I am still very much "old school" when it comes to ECM modifications. This is why I have talked to Dan Cragin, at D.C. Performance, who brought me up top speed on these systems. I have even bought one of his ECM upgrades to try in our house car. But I have to take offense to some people here who are making slanderous and mean remarks about myself and my company. These remarks are just as wrong as me calling sims snake oil. All of the people who are making these remarks have never had any personal dealings with me or my company. They have never met me, talked to me, or bought or seen any of our products. I have never felt that it is right to recommend a product that I have never heard of or have tried personally as we all know there are a lot of snake oil products out there like that ECM add on module that some guy on eBay was selling awhile ago. I do not know of anyone, except god, who is perfect and knows everything that is out there on the market in the performance world today. We have many happy customers who have bought our exhaust products, along with other products, and they do not feel they have been ripped off as they feel they received a high quality product. If there is any doubt in anyone's mind as to the quality of our products or our before and after sales support you need to go no further then these to post from two customers that bought our exhaust systems.

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=666969&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=682797&Forum=All_Forums&Words=10664&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=682797&Search=true#Post682797

We have been in business since 1979 and have a perfect record with the Better Business Bureau. Again I am not perfect, I do not know everything, but I must have done something right during 27 years in business with the 2500 customers that I have.

Again I am sorry, and apologize, for coming on as strong as I did, but I am as passionate about vipers as the rest of you.

I beg your forgiveness.

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

PS: If you are ever in the New Haven area, please look me up and I will take you on some of the best driving roads that Connecticut has to offer.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AN APOLOGY TO THE VIPER FORUM READERS FROM ROBBIE AT ATRO RACING PRODU

:hitfan:

HAHAHA!!!

Ditto.

Our issue is that You are CONSTANTLY wrong on EVERYTHING. When questioned about the very parts you "engineer" you can't even give a legitimate explination as to their design and inner workings. When I "engineer" something, (it is what I do, "engineer" things, at least thats what my degree says) you can be damn sure there isn't one area of it I can't fully explain to such an extent it would bore a celebate monk to tears.

Your lack of understanding even the most basic concepts, yet just a willingness to spout off blatantly wrong ideas is what we are absolutely intolerant of. Not only are you totally wrong, but to the point YOU may cause damage to other peoples vehicles. I find it absolutely appalling you even have the gall to claim to work on a race team. Given the way you present yourself on this forum it would take a lot of convincing to let you change my oil.

You have a LONG LONG LONG way to go to build any kind of credibility among those of us who are truly knowledgeable. But the first step would be to stop posting all together and maybe attempt to learn something about these cars.

btw i'm dying to know, exactly what is your involvement in this "nascar" arena? Even being "old school" it's a highly technical area. I'm fairly up to date on turning left, so please, indulge us with your vast wealth of nascar know how.

btw, I find it even more amusing you can't even get your legal terms right. It's not slander, it's Lible, and even that is not fully factual. Lible would have to involve someone tarnishing your image via untruthful information. We are doing nothing but correcting the misinformation you have so generously spewed all over this forum. The greatest lible on your business, is YOU! sue yourself. :2tu:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

btw, I find it even more amusing you can't even get your legal terms right. It's not slander, it's Lible, and even that is not fully factual. Lible would have to involve someone tarnishing your image via untruthful information. We are doing nothing but correcting the misinformation you have so generously spewed all over this forum. The greatest lible on your business, is YOU! sue yourself. :2tu:

I didn't even address that earlier because it is so laughable. I think it's pretty funny that he is talking engineering and law to an engineer (you) and a lawyer (me).

He has no one to blame for his own predicament other than himself. I take extreme pleasure in that.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are correct, I am a dummy. I am stupid. I am do not make any of the products I offer. Did I leave anything out? I am sure you will fill in the blanks. Hope you are happy. I am going for a drive now. Bye
Robbie

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You are correct, I am a dummy. I am stupid. I am do not make any of the products I offer. Did I leave anything out? I am sure you will fill in the blanks. Hope you are happy. I am going for a drive now. Bye
Robbie

Actually that pretty much covers it.

Wow, Robbie finally made a post with accurate information in it.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How did I know that you could not refrain from one of your comments again. Have a wonderfull life Kenny.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How did I know that you could not refrain from one of your comments again. Have a wonderfull life Kenny.

You don't have to wish me a wonderful life. I'm going to be around for quite a while. Or are you leaving?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Good grief...give the guy a break. He's been man enough to admit his mistakes and apologize. Everyone deserves a second chance to make things right. Seems to me that is all he's asking for.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Good grief...give the guy a break. Everyone deserves a second chance to make things right. Seems to me that is all he's asking for." :2tu: :2tu:

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am a new Viper owner and new to the club so I should probably not have an opinion yet (although I have been part of various forum communities since compuserve 1994, and in that sense I am as vetaran as they come).

In my humble opinon, if a person apologizes on a forum they deserve another chance.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We've all been wrong before. Noone is perfect. Robbie took the time to apologize and admit his shortcomings. That took a lot of courage, especially on a public forum. I applaud him for that and hope he does very well with his business!

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey I'm all for it, if the guy can post something factual that acutally helps someone else resolve an issue, without sucking his own d*ck and trying to force his crap down our throats, I won't say a single word about it.

But that fact that even in his "apology" he AGAIN has posted the SAME TWO FREAKING LINKS about his inadequate exhaust, leads me to believe there is no such reform on our hands. Even his remorseful beg for forgiveness has an underlying sales pitch, and it's absolutely pathetic.

(By twinturbo3150) Atro I haven't been a VCA member that long, but since being on the board, I have noticed everything you post, someone has to correct you, plus everything you post you also try to sell something within that post. Almost like a subliminal message. Also after someone corrects your mistake, you always reply SORRY. Well instead of SORRY'S all the time, maybe you should study up on the viper from head to toe. .02

3150 pretty much hit the nail on the head. :bonker:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree give the man a chance :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Atro, also known as Robbie, apologized - not an easy thing for most people to do. Assuming the product pimping stops from here on out, except on the "New Product and Supplier Special" forum where product pimping is welcome, I think that Robbie should start with a clean slate from here on out. Sort of like a "withhold adjudication" deal which many on these fora have probably experienced in the context of an alleged moving violation. LOL. Every one of us have experienced a foot in mouth event at one time or another. The important thing is to learn from the experience. Good luck Robbie.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you everyone. As for ROGUE's comment" But that fact that even in his "apology" he AGAIN has posted the SAME TWO FREAKING LINKS about his inadequate exhaust, leads me to believe there is no such reform on our hands. Even his remorseful beg for forgiveness has an underlying sales pitch, and it's absolutely pathetic.", I also posted my apology in the two links of the forums from wich I made the dreaded mistake of calling a product snake oil. I thought this was the right thing to do and I am sorry ROGUE & KENNY that you do not agree.
Again thanks to the rest of you.
Robbie

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robbie took the time to apologize and admit his shortcomings.
Don't you go quoting commercials now. :bonker: :nana:

The grievence has been made and the guy stepped up to the plate and apologized. Let's judge him on what he does from THIS point on.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We'll see what happens, but everyone knows where my money is. Should be interesting.

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kenny. IMHO you fit the typical "a-hole" lawer bill perfectly (I know, my wife has worked for them for 15 years). And you Rogue, I used to F guys like you in engineer prison :buttkick:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't be upset because Rogue and I were the only ones with the nuts to say what everyone else was thinking.

Maybe if you sold some of the crap in your sig your wife wouldn't have to work for an [******] lawyer.

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just like an attorney to make stupid assumption based on their own interpretations of reality. I never said she still worked you tool. And I'm quite confident that I make more than you dream of, bet on that! Presumptuous pricks..gotta love em. :2tu:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm sure you make more, are better looking, and have a bigger [******]. :rolleyes:

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm done with you!

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh, man, that's the worst news I've heard all day---the rich, handsome, and well hung Dagger and his stable full of exotic and desireable vehicles is done with me.

How will I go on?

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Kenny. IMHO you fit the typical "a-hole" lawer bill perfectly (I know, my wife has worked for them for 15 years). And you Rogue, I used to F guys like you in engineer prison :buttkick:

Well said Dagger. :2tu:

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow! Very quick learner for an attourney, yet having to have the last word....sooo predictable. Way to keep the image alive! Come on....one last word????

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Dagger, I could not have said it any better. There are always a few bad apples in every bunch. You have to feel sorry for them. I also agree with you Dagger when you said, "I'm done with you!" as far as Kenny and Rogue are concerned. They are not worth our time. And again I would like to thank all of you others for your understanding.
Robbie

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To the rest of you, I apologize! People with a "holier than thou" attitude tend to rub me the wrong way and I loose myself. I have personally done business with Rob with zero regret. Nobody is perfect, and EVERYONE deserves a 2nd chance. If you disagree, please make sure to let God know your feelings when your being judged. The reality is, only He has that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.