An interesting read from the Z06 Forums

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i stepped over & represented on their site.
i own both an 02 z06 & an 05 srt10, so i can do so w/out hypocrisy.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ammuses me is the comment that the viper can not be a daily driver because it gets 12 miles to the gallon.

BS. if that is true, then the Explorer i used to have could not have been a daily driver either, because that is about what i got in that thing. If Explorers arent daily drivers, then neither are Escalades, Hummers, and the thousands of other vehicles i see on the road everyday that are getting 10 to 15 MPG.

I have never figured it out what my mileage is, and really dont care. Who buys a Viper for mileage anyway? too funny.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one guy comparing his 03 Z06 to a 6-year older 97 GTS is shortchanging himself. He should take a drive in a SRT. Night and day compared to a 97 GTS.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think overall they were very fair about the comments. personally I like ZO6's and think the C5 versions look better than the C6's (except the wheels).

It's great to see American supercars coming out of the blocks this strong, we need one to catch up to the ENZO dammit.

Who will it be Chevy, or Dodge, maybe Ford?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think any of the other manufacturers want to build something so ridulously espensive to compete with the Enzo. I think part of has to do the marketing. You can sell a "Ferrari" on its name alone to command such a hefty price to the super rich. I also think there has to be some kind of heritage to sell something like that. Anyway, I think the Ford GT is the closest thing we Americans have to the Enzo as a factory built. To beat the Enzo, don't the [******] Vipers do the job in the performance arena?