An SVS Story - pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no one is actually surprised by the lack of response. There is nothing he could say. The only strategy which makes sense for him at this point is to hunker down and wait for it to blow over and then hope people (would be victims) forget all about this thread.

I think that SVS should be banned from this site. If after being made aware of the business practices of this company the moderators do nothing, isn't there some liability on the part of this site and the club the next time someone gets taken for a ride after having gone to SVS by way of their self serving threads on this site?

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to tuners, you have to do research before you commit the resources. Not so much for the performance factor but the headache factor. I'd gladly pay more to get "what I ordered" and no headaches than a rip-off deal. I think many of you probably feel the same way.

I'm lucky in that I spent my formative years turning wrenches and have no fear doing anything to my cars short of rebuilding a transmission. There is no more conscientious tuner than yourself when working on your own car. The only thing I trust others to do on my car is change the tires. And even for that I am picky as a mother and have found a non-chain shop where I go and the owner himself handles the job for me when I bring in low profiles or aftermarket rims. He's got the right machines for it and the experience... for a job well-done and carefully, I always tip him.

Anyway, at least it was a tuner in this case and not the dealer. Most of the stories I've heard with Vipers involving the dealership have born out that Dodge backs the car and holds up their end. I bought a 2000 C5 that turned into a nightmare vehicle and GM as well as my local dealer did all they could to avoid warranty coverage. Between the steering column security lock engaging while I was on the highway (they ruined the steering column attempting the repair, too) and a slew of other electrical, engine management, cylinder oil consumption, axle seal problems, etc. In the last 18 months that I owned the car, it literally spent 9 (mostly spread through the summer) in the shop or disabled in my driveway waiting for them to fix it properly.

In the end, the right rear rotor shattered and spun me into a pole at 45mph. This is one guy who was a Chevy devotee who will NEVER buy GM again, and for good reason. Although the settlement for said accident did pay off my college debts.

Caveat emptor.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no one is actually surprised by the lack of response. There is nothing he could say. The only strategy which makes sense for him at this point is to hunker down and wait for it to blow over and then hope people (would be victims) forget all about this thread.

I think that SVS should be banned from this site. If after being made aware of the business practices of this company the moderators do nothing, isn't there some liability on the part of this site and the club the next time someone gets taken for a ride after having gone to SVS by way of their self serving threads on this site?

There should be no liability. Ever hear about that freedom of speech thing we have in this country? Plus there is a pretty good body of law existing at this point regarding the responsibilities of internet sites and basically there is no responsibility that has been proven to any significant degree.
Having said that we did act in the case of the tuner mentioned above but that was after MULTIPLE complaints, mutiple lawsuits, a significant amount of available court records and Better Business bureau information. It was overwhelming at the time. This is one statement from one customer at this point and even though it looks to be a slam dunk deal from the first reading it's still open to substantiation and resolution.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Would that be like liability to a network, magazine, newspaper, radio station, etc. when one of their advertisers has a complaint filed against them?

Those companies have some attractive deep pockets (maybe even more than the VCA) but I can't recall them being included in the litigation just because they allowed the advertising or infomercial. It would be like someone claiming they were finalcially harmed by the infomercial that led them to lose money in Real Estate or stocks so they sue the network. Or they bought a certain vehicle that ends up with life-safety flaws so they sue the manufacturer - but not the places they advertise with - even if the ads continue after the problem is known about.

If after being made aware of the business practices of this company the moderators do nothing, isn't there some liability on the part of this site and the club the next time someone gets taken for a ride after having gone to SVS by way of their self serving threads on this site?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree that this thread has become a lot more than it's worth. One unsatisfied customer has caused a whole lot of complaining and it's not all about SVS. This thread should be ended and ... if there's new info, or the problem gets resolved another thread could be started. This is just getting worse.

Now people are complaining and telling the moderators what to do (like I just did) with the site?

11 pages of ******** seems redundant, don't you think?

Ted

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree what they did was wrong, from what I have read. I also know of a few other people that they took for a ride. Banning them would be nice as i hate people like that. One thing i noticed is that they hardly even post here anyways other than to gloat about their mile times. They dont have much to offer and I dont know why anyone would send their car to them anyways with all these other options now available.

In my opinion..
their motor work = :rolaugh:
their turbo systems = :rolaugh:
their tuning = :rolaugh:

Next year I foresee the standing mile record being taken from them. They wont have much else after that:lmao:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Holy Moly, this ain't gonna be easy.........

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Drumrboy. I also Know Pete (the guy who owned the car before Drumrboy.) I checked out the car for Drumrboy while it was at Buhler and I have seen the dyno sheets prior to it leaving NJ.

Much to my regret, I mentioned to Drumrboy that he should seek out a Viper Tuner in his area and in my ignorance at the time regarding who and what you are, I mentioned SVS as a possibilty. For this I will always feel guilt. This is why I feel soooooo strongly that others on this site should be made aware of the kind of person you are and the kind of work SVS does.

Btw, the computer you hacked into pieces was mine. It was a Ida Performace DFI fully programmable for both spark and fuel along every 1% throttle position and 100 rpm. Another $1000 of Drumrboy's money you waisted.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the sound of silence is deafening. i will take that as the svs response. methinks that he is looking for loopholes or a nice lawyerly runaround to spin the outcome in his favor. bottom line is a long pause with no favorable outcome = drummer is screwed. even a handholding would suffice while the reply is being written. svs, dont bother at this point. my mind and others is probably already made up with the lack of information on your part. i know if i am under the impression that im being taken advantage of (weather i am or not), the no response or delayed response is what burns me up more than anything else. this is not a legal court and i cant understand why you are formulating a response as if your being sued. damage to you is already done at this point and your business will suffer for it. its a shame you just didnt come out and express your opinion right away and avoid speculation and then deal with the facts as they come out. trust is a very tough thing to build, even more so after you have the opportunity to rebuild that trust and fail on that opportunity. i cannot and will never do business with you. this thread is done for me.

Agreed, keep the thread at the top. Good luck, Drumrboy....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's 12 pages and 50 documents coming....

linking pics now.....

:eater: :eater: :eater: The anticipation is killing me....this is better than waiting for the Mitchell Report to be released. Question is: Like the Mitchell report, is the story going to be based on hearsay, disgraced trainer statements or actual facts and hard evidence? :eater: :eater: :eater:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trea·tise
You must be registered for see images
/ˈtri
tɪs/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tree-tis]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a formal and systematic exposition in writing of the principles of a subject, generally longer and more detailed than an essay.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to resize the pics/docs they are too big

I also need to make 2 posts in a row because of the 50 images

The Viper court of public opinion will hear the SVS side as soon as I rememdy this.....

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok sorry I figured it out

after placing too large of pics, i tried to resize but the hosting site kept putting up the large files even after I deleted them and re added. I had to change all the file names

Will be up within an hour

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok sorry I figured it out

after placing too large of pics, i tried to resize but the hosting site kept putting up the large files even after I deleted them and re added. I had to change all the file names

Will be up within an hour
Translation= in an hour or roughly 5:30pm most all the Eastern seaboard will be driving home from work and thus not able to give me **** until later when I am in hiding. :nono: I'll be back.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting how one complaint has caused this thread to condem a vendor who has been around for over 10 years.

Like a mob with torches storming the castle.

Even people with no dog in this fight have joined in to convict this company only on the say so of one disgruntled customer.

Don't know how this will sort out, but you guys seem really quick on the trigger.

We have obviously only heard one side of this story, and do not know if anyone has called SVS to hear their side before posting.:eater:

D

DAMN YANKEE

before You Add To This Thread See
the New Thread In Which Svs Defends Itself......

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

I originally posted a warning in response to seeing a thread started by someone who, just like me, was "wondering if they should take their car to SVS for some tuning".

The original post was simply a warning to be careful... and get some input before charging in to a situation that might have a bad outcome. When Junior responded with the normal revisionist historical crap and factually incorrect BS, I needed to go into more detail....which resulted in this post. Junior has since retracted his incorrect BS and has spent the better portion of a month constructing something....which we may soon get a look at.

Regarding this being one experience.....in the years I've been struggling with SVS (quietly and respectfully I might add) I have been approached by MANY people who have had similar and negative experiences with this tuner.

It occurred to me that SVS is able to "bad business" over and over without incident or repurcussion (sic) because NOBODY speaks up. So I did.

I can't speak factually about the numerous other cases I've heard about (from the individuals who'vve been taken) since I wasn't there.....so I stuck to my case. If you asked my opinion on whether or not the preponderance of the accounts I've heard about were true, I'd say unqualifiedly YES, though that''s an opinion - not a fact.

If this thread did nothing more than alert folks to investigate tuners....any tuners....before entrusting their cars to them based on advertisement or proximity, then its been worthwhile.

:usa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala