And all I saw..... were tail lights today....Sad story.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for Newport, but I do remember him saying on a different post that he just couldn't see owning a Gen I in Denver (when he moves there). As for what's next, I think he is planning on a Gen III, he had a local club member drive to his new place to make sure the Viper could get up the driveway.
Correct me if I am wrong Newport, I don't want to be spreading B.S. around here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a great story. I acutally nearly shed a tear. These cars a great. I am also interested to know, how many miles, what did it go for if you do not mind, and what is the replacement?

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoyed your pics and stories about Maui and Haleakala. I lived/worked in Maui and experienced all that you mentioned. It is awesome. Even had to work a few days up at Science City and at 10,031 feet, that was an experience. If you didn't know, the crater of the volcano is big enough to place New York City inside it...for real! It is like a moon scape with the gray volcanic ash making for an eerie sight.

I moved from Maui directly to Alaska in the midst of winter and acclimated in about two weeks. Great experiences and glad to see you share yours. BTW...that volcano with it's climb from sea level to 10,000ft is the highest rise in the shortest horizontal distance of anywhere in the world. Also, unmodified air tends to cool with altitude at the rate of 3 degrees C or 5 degrees F for every thousand foot ascent. So, you can see where the 50 degree F change comes from. It is breathtaking to say the least. I was the first meteorologist at Kahalui Airport, Maui to send out a report of snow falling at the volcanic rim. Pretty neat for the tourists.

Thanks again for your post...it brought back some great memories. :2tu:

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments!

What a sappy bunch! :)

Hey, we love our cars! :2tu:

The car had 61,100 on it.

Total fun time with the Gen 1. Duy will really enjoy the car, if he get's it back to Houston in one piece. I told him to ship it about 100 times. Not a cross country car! Ahhhhhhh youth. I was also 30 and indestructable, when I bought the car. Now that the gray has moved onto the temple.

I need to move into a........... see here!

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=693735&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David!!... wow.. thanks for the call the other day.. i almost crashed my car when i heard on my voice mail you were selling it.. wow. Your viper was the first Viper i had the pleasure of riding in.. BTW, after Newport gave me a ride in his Viper.. i knew i would HAD to buy one.. which i did a couple of weeks later.. You and your car were a big part of my decision to buy a Viper and join the Viper community... Thanks for that..
Sad to see it go buddy. Wish we could have gotten together for one more cruise on PCH on last time..

Can't wait to see your new ride.. all the best to you and Renee... Hope to talk soon.. I will give you a call..

Dr. Bill.

TXViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any relation to Tila Nguyen?

Haha, no. I saw her a couple times back then at the clubs in Houston though.

Back to the topic, we made it home sound and safe after 23 hours of straight driving with short stops for gas and snacks. I totally enjoyed the Viper on the way home and the past 2 days in Houston. Girlfriend was a little beatten up on the ride home so I'll do something nice for her later.

David, I'll send you your old license plate back in couple days. Thanks for selling me the Viper! Hope you find another one soon! :)

Here it is, after being cleaned and washed:

You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One sad story comes to a close and a happy one takes its place. Welcome to the Viper nation!

I suspect Newport will be posting stories of his latest Viper in the not-too-distant future. Great story and one that reminds me of watching my '00 GTS leave for the last time. You will never forget your first love - or your first Viper... :2tu:

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats again on the Viper, Duy! I am glad all three of you made it back safely. I bet Erica was ready to kill you. :buttkick:

I told her it was no Cadillac. :D

Post some more pictures.

How much gas $ did it take?

TXViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much gas $ did it take?

Total mileage for the trip including about 50-70 miles driven locally in CA was 1570 miles. I pumped approximately 75 gallons. So the interstate gas mileage is a whooping 20.8 MPG. For a 500HP motor with a 3.55 gear and AC all the way, that is extremely good. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wartymender