annoying cosmetic quality problem

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my hardtop on my 2000 RT/10 all winter (which isn't all that long in Texas). I noticed the other day after taking it off that the little plastic trim cups which go around the front locking post holes for the hardtop (right by the visor swingarms) were loose. I appears that these little plastic cups are just glued in and the bonding broke loose. The don't fall off because the visor swingarms go through a hole at the bottom of them but they rattle around now. Seems like there is a quality issue for both of them to come loose at the same time and probably others have experienced this. Sure, this is not a performance or safety issue, but it is annoying none the less.

Has anyone else seen this and can I repair it myself? Obviously I could take it to the dealer since I assume this would be covered under warranty.

Thanks
Jim

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, if you have any mechanical ability, do it yourself. I've seen it a couple of times. Take the visors off, scuff both the windshield frame and the cup mounting surfaces with scotch-brite or sand paper. By some epoxy and have at it! In this case, more is not better. It will ooze out under the cup if you put too much on. Kind of messy to clean sometimes. dj