Another 96/97 Difference...

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently realized another difference between the '96 and '97 GTS Coupes. For some reason, the '96 dash is painted black and the '97 dash is painted a dark grey. Anybody know why the factory changed the dash color after just one year? IMO the black looks so much better than the grey.

You must be registered for see images

1996 Black Dash

1997 Grey Dash

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pic#2, is not correct. What ever sample car you are using, has had the dash refinished in some way.

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures are correct. I had a '97 GTS with a dark grey dash, and I now own a '96 with a black one. I've looked at dozens of 96 and 97's for sale, and they too have black vs. grey dashes. Here's a different '97 that also has a grey dash.

Last edited:

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on people!! These are "Use anything we have for all our production cars" Dodge Vehicles! The mix and match KINGS!!!:omg::lmao::usa:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I look at the picture #1, the dash looks black but the console and other parts look gray. That would suggest that the dash was replaced...it looks out of place...just my opinion.

I understand the use whatever you have, but it would surprise me if the factory would put a black dash into a gray interior in a new car. :dunno:

97bluegts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 and it is black, not gray at all, maybe the 97 is faded like the way the window side sills get... ;]

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97's is Black,

but looking at a picture of it taken in sunlight or with flash makes it look grey as with any car with a flat black dash

also, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think the dash's are painted like the OP suggested. Im pretty sure black is the actual color of the plastic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte