another CEL question

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
been talking how good my car is running these last 2 days with my new O2 sensor on, wellllllllll, the code came back today, car still running good, but it coded, why? have new hi-flos and cat back this year so I don't think anything is "plugged" could it mean I need a tune for the the upgrades I did this year? or ??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another CEL issue is very common it seems on here especially for the Gen 4, and this is the reason I am steering well clear of hi flo cats. I expect that to be the problem but it could be another. Seems like most owners who do the cats etc. also go with the Mopar PCM to prevent the CEL issue.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been talking how good my car is running these last 2 days with my new O2 sensor on, wellllllllll, the code came back today, car still running good, but it coded, why? have new hi-flos and cat back this year so I don't think anything is "plugged" could it mean I need a tune for the the upgrades I did this year? or ??
what code are you getting?

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The same code as before P0152, upstream passenger O2 sensor which is the one I replaced, connection looked good so might it be the PCM going bad?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be many things actually. Probably a good idea to check the reference voltage and continuity in wiring. I think the reference voltage on the sensor should be about half volt.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The same code as before P0152, upstream passenger O2 sensor which is the one I replaced, connection looked good so might it be the PCM going bad?

I had the same code with HF cats...I replaced the downstream o2 sensor and it cleared the upstream code.
You can try not lugging the engine to clear the codes (don't go under 1500 rpm)

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put random techs on my car before I realized I didn't need to for cabin cooling and sound.I started throwing CEL but after a few cycles it went away.

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same code with HF cats...I replaced the downstream o2 sensor and it cleared the upstream code.
You can try not lugging the engine to clear the codes (don't go under 1500 rpm)

now that I think of it I was going down a side street and the motor was under 1500 so maybe that's it, but downstream might be a good try too

OP
OP
S

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well now the code is P0155 which is a temp fault in bank 2 sensor 1, its a new sensor, will this fault cause problems too? car runs good but is this going to be follow the bouncing codes every time the car starts??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960